WTF Community

Who The Fuck Has Left The Trump Administration

A timeline of all the departures so far…

For my personal notes on who still works in the White House Click Here
(Please don’t mind the mess, I’m currently in the middle of a huge update project.)
For Politico’s List, click here
For the White House’s List 2017, click here
New! For the White House’s List 2018, click here

Sally Yates January 10, 2015 - January 30, 2017), former Deputy Attorney General and Acting Attorney General was fired by President Trump for announcing that Justice Department lawyers would not defend Mr. Trump’s executive order closing the nation’s borders to refugees and people from predominantly Muslim countries against legal challenges.

Michael T. Flynn (January 10, 2015 -February 13th, 2017), former National security adviser, was asked for his resignation for lying to the Vice President on

Katie Walsh (January 20, 2017 - March 3rd, 2017), former Deputy chief of staff left to work for an outside political group called America First Policies

Preet Bharara (August 13, 2009 – March 11, 2017), former federal prosecutor was fired for not submitting a letter of resignation after the Trump Administration demanded that all Obama holdovers resign from the Justice Department. He now joins Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Team.

James Comey (September 4, 2013 – May 9, 2017), former FBI Director was fired by the President on the recommendation of Jeff Sessions. In a letter dated Tuesday to Comey, Trump concurred “with the judgment of the Department of Justice that [Comey is not] able to effectively lead the bureau.”

K.T. McFarland (January 20th, 2017 – May 19, 2017), former Deputy national security adviser ’s departure had been seen as likely since the forced resignation of Michael T. Flynn, she has been nominated to become the ambassador to Singapore. K.T. McFarland, Deputy National Security Adviser, Is Expected to Leave Post - The New York Times

Michael Dubke (March 6, 2017 – June 2, 2017), former White House communications director resigns “The reasons for my departure are personal,” http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40090865?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Tera Dahl (April 10, 2017 - July 6 2017), former Deputy Chief of Staff for the National Security Council left to seek a new position outside the White House

Rich Higgins (January 20 2017 - July 21, 2017), former Pentagon official who served in the NSC’s strategic-planning office as a director for strategic planning, was let go after after writing and circulating a controversial memo within the National Security Council.

Sean Spicer (January 20, 2017 – July 21, 2017), Former Press secretary, communications director and Melissa McCarthy look-a-like resigned, telling the President that he disagreed with Mr. Trump’s hiring of Scaramucci as communications director.

Michael C. Short (January 20th 2017 - July 25th 2017), Former Assistant Press Secretary who had been close to Mr. Spicer, resigned just hours after The Mooch (Scaramucci) had been quoted in a news report he would be fired.

Derek Harvey (ousted JULY 27, 2017), former Middle East adviser, N.S.C., no explanation was given for his departure.

Reince Priebus (January 20, 2017 - July 31, 2017), former White House Chief of Staff was ousted after Mr. Trump told Mr. Priebus he wanted to make a change and offered the job to Homeland Security Secretary, John Kelly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/07/31/trump-swears-in-kelly-as-new-chief-of-staff-promising-a-spectacular-job/?utm_term=.6655dabc5d02

Anthony Scaramucci aka The Mooch (July 21, 2017 – July 31, 2017), former Communications director, was fired by newly appointed White House Chief of Staff John Kelly days after a vulgarity-laced telephone call with a New Yorker reporter was made public. John Kelly, Asserting Authority, Fires Anthony Scaramucci - The New York Times
http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/anthony-scaramucci-called-me-to-unload-about-white-house-leakers-reince-priebus-and-steve-bannon

Ezra Cohen-Watnick (January 20th 2017 - August 18, 2017), former Senior director for intelligence on the National Security Council who was appointed by Micheal Flynn was forced out by National Security Advisor Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster, who succeeded Mr. Flynn.

Steve Bannon (January 20, 2017 - August 18, 2017), former Chief strategist to the President, a right-wing nationalist who has clashed with other senior White House advisers and members of Mr. Trump’s family was removed for office by the President, but a person close to Mr. Bannon said that he had submitted his resignation to the president on Aug. 7.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-decides-to-get-rid-of-white-house-chief-strategist-stephen-bannon/2017/08/18/98cd5c40-8430-11e7-902a-2a9f2d808496_story.html?utm_term=.891a5cb2c52e

Sebastian Gorka (January 20, 2017 - August 25 2017), former Deputy Assistant to the President was forced out according to Two administration with one a conservative website reporting that he had resigned.

Keith Schiller (January 20th 2017 Resigning in September 2017), former Director of Oval Office Operations is resigning for financial reasons, citing that his annual salary capped at $165,000 was too low.

13 Likes

yoooooo. awesome.

1 Like

Oh my god that was all this year, wasn’t it… It’s been just under 8 months…

The next 3 1/2 years may as well be an eternity.

I want a divorce.

7 Likes

great job thanks!!

2 Likes

fuckety fucksticks what a spreadsheet!

This will never not be fucking hilarious :joy_cat::clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Thanks, just had to… :smirk:

Keep Gary Cohn on your radar…

Former president of Goldman Sachs who joined the administration as Trump’s director of National Economic Council is unlikely to be nominated as successor to the Federal Reserve Chair, as WSJ reported last week (linked in this BI article since WSJ is behind a paywall).

Cohn’s public criticism of Trump for his remarks about Charlottesville angered Trump. Cohn had prepared a letter of resignation back in late August but decided to stay on at that time.

If Cohn doesn’t get the Fed Chair position, he may decide it’s not worth sticking around… There would be job dissatisfaction and probably family pressure since Reuters reported his wife and daughter were the ones who pushed him to make the Charlottesville statement on Trump.

1 Like

Yes, Cohn is an interesting character. My personal prediction, he will get the Fed chair but that’s only because Bannon and Gorka are out. The Breitbart guys used the term Globalist as an anti-sematic epithet against Cohn, Kushner and Ivanka, which was an attack on his family and his favorite child. Charlottesville was the perfect time to oust those guys and I have a feeling they were ousted by Kelly. I’m hesitant to post too much “palace intrigue” on this thread because most of the stories are almost all conjecture. Trump needs a win in congress, I could see him pushing Cohn forward to lead on Tax Reform.

Fun stuff, thanks @John

2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-12/-talented-yellen-in-running-to-remain-fed-chair-mnuchin-says

Maybe I spoke too soon? The question now becomes, would Cohn accept Vice-Chair if Yellen stayed on for a 2nd term?

Last week, Fed Vice Chair Stanley Fischer, a close ally of Yellen, announced he would be stepping down in October, several months before his term was set to end. He cited “personal reasons.”

1 Like

Something of Note, Hope Hicks is now the Offical Communications Director, replacing “The Mooch”

1 Like

Pence’s longtime friend and spokesman Marc Lotter is apparently leaving to become a Trump advocate from outside of government.

(Or is he jumping ship… :smirk:)

2 Likes

@John another communications person, shocker. Lol

2 Likes

It’s getting creepy how there’s more an more an “inside” and “outside”.

1 Like

@celena Well it’s not normal politics, that’s for sure. The Trump administration has created a huge political void with their lack of leadership. Neither parties or the factions within the parties have a clear message and leaves me feeling like it doesn’t matter who is out or in, everything is just up for grabs. 2018 is going to be a strange election year, that is for certain.

1 Like

Politico warns of an exodus coming soon…

“There will be an exodus from this administration in January,” said one Republican lobbyist, who alone has heard from five officials looking for new gigs. “Everyone says, ‘I just need to stay for one year.’ If you leave before a year, it looks like you are acknowledging that you made a mistake.”

5 Likes

Chuck Rosenberg (September 26, 2017) resigned as Acting Head of the Department of Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) citing his disapproval of President Trump. Mr. Rosenberg forcefully rejected Mr. Trump’s comment to law enforcement in July telling law enforcement officers “please don’t be too nice” when handling crime suspects. As well as the firing of FBI director James Comey in May and Trump’s disparaging remarks about the ongoing FBI investigation into Russian Interference in the 2016 election. His resignination will be effective October 1, 2017.

3 Likes

Andddd another one bites the dust.

3 Likes

Joel Clement resigned on Wednesday, October 4th.

An Interior Department executive turned whistleblower who claimed the Trump administration retaliated against him for publicly disclosing how climate change affects Alaska Native communities resigned Wednesday.

Joel Clement, a scientist and policy expert, was removed from his job by Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke shortly after the disclosure and reassigned to an accounting position for which he has no experience. Clement was among dozens of senior executive service personnel who were quickly, and perhaps unlawfully, reassigned in June, but he was the only person who spoke out.

In his resignation letter, Clement was defiant, accusing Zinke and Trump of poor leadership.

“The investigations into my whistleblower complaints are ongoing and I hope to prevail."

“Retaliating against civil servants for raising health and safety concerns is unlawful, but there are many items to add to your resume of failure,” he said, listing several.

In a separate letter, former top Interior executives under Presidents Richard M. Nixon, Gerald R. Ford, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama ripped Zinke for his comments about loyalty at Interior.

Dang. Clement totally shredded Zinke in his 3-page resignation letter linked at the bottom here:

3 Likes

Dana Boente just officially resigned today but will stay on board until a successor is found.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/dana-boente-resigns-as-us-attorney-for-eastern-district-of-virginia/2017/10/27/78fda97a-bb43-11e7-be94-fabb0f1e9ffb_story.html?utm_term=.274b617d1609

He became a household name when he took over as Acting Attorney General after Sally Yates was fired, then later became Acting Deputy Attorney General until Rod Rosenstein was hired.

Most recently, he was the Acting Assistant Deputy Attorney General in the National Security Division of the Justice Department and U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia—where one of Bob Mueller’s grand juries is impaneled.

1 Like