WTF Community

Day 1343

1/ Trump predicted that the election “will end up in the Supreme Court,” tying the confirmation of a justice to the election. Trump, who has repeatedly and baselessly warned of voter fraud and corruption in the upcoming election, said: “I think this will end up in the Supreme Court and I think it’s very important that we have nine justices, and I think the system’s going to go very quickly.” Trump – again – claimed without evidence that Democrats are trying to rig the election and that he wants a Supreme Court that will agree with him, because “it’s a scam — the scam will be before the United States Supreme Court and I think having a 4-4 situation is not a good situation.” (Bloomberg / New York Times / Washington Post)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2020/09/23/day-1343/
3 Likes

Breonna Taylor: A former police officer was indicted on first-degree wanton endangerment charges for endangering Breonna Taylor’s neighbors for firing his gun during a botched March raid. No officer was charged with killing Taylor, who was shot to death after the three Louisville police officers broke down the door to her apartment while executing a late-night warrant in a narcotics investigation on March 13. (New York Times / CNN)

2 Likes

Watch: President Trump Holds News Conference

President Trump declines to say if he would commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses the election, saying, “We’ll have to see what happens.” He also says he is awarding $200 million of CARES Act funding for vaccine distribution.

:star: Featured Clip: President Declines to Commit to Peaceful Transfer of Power If He Loses the Election

3 Likes

President Trump repeatedly refused to say on Wednesday whether he would commit to a peaceful transition of power if he loses the election to Joe Biden, saying at a press briefing: "We’re going to have to see what happens."

4 Likes

The exchange:

REPORTER: "Win, lose, or draw in this election, will you commit here today for a peaceful transferral of power after the election? There has been rioting in Louisville, there has been rioting in many cities across the country. Your so-called red and blue states. Will you commit to make sure there’s a peaceful transferral of power after the election? "

TRUMP: “We’re going to have to see what happens, you know that. I’ve been complaining very strongly about the ballots, and the ballots are disaster.”

REPORTER: “I understand that, but people are rioting. Do you commit to make sure that there’s a peaceful transferral of power?”

TRUMP: "Get rid of the ballots and you’ll have a very peaceful — there won’t be a transfer, frankly. There will be a continuation. The ballots are out of control. You know it. And you know who knows it better than anybody else? The Democrats know it better than anybody else."

2 Likes

Now Romney speaks out

And Rep Swallwell takes him to task

3 Likes

Sadly, two officers were shot last night in Louisville. Both are stable and will survive, but I fear things will get worse.

Video in this post:

2 Likes

I expect to hear more about this. Two videos of a man having his head run over by bike police.

Also

GOP Senator introduces bill that could require genital exams for girls competing in school sports

Sen. Kelly Loeffler’s bill to ban transgender girls from school sports is meant to “protect women,” she says. But with federal funding on the line, there could be unintended consequences.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: US in crisis - Black Lives Matter Fallout - National and local responses

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Here come the Trump supporters with military gear…inciting violence. WOW.

video

4 Likes