WTF Community

Day 1352

How do we know that Trump actually has the virus? He could be claiming to have it to 1/ attract sympthy 2/ avoid a second debate b/c the first one was such a disaster for him 3/ he can later claim a miraculous recovery and say: look, the virus isn’t that bad, I’m high risk and was barely affected 4/ he can claim that he took some drug and was cured - so there is the magic vaccine he promised.

1 Like

We know because other cases have been confirmed from people that had contact with him or other infected WH staff.

32 days from election, as a nominee this is devastating to his campaign. But of course he will try to garner as much sympathy as he can before Election Day.

5 Likes

And here is another.

4 Likes

I want to be crystal clear: We’re are not going to be entertaining conspiracy theories in this community.

5 Likes

The rumor mill is rampant

Here’s A Running List Of False And Misleading Information About Trump’s Coronavirus Diagnosis

There should be more articles about what’s fake news. Just saying…

5 Likes

11 positive coronavirus tests traced to presidential debate

Three journalists who work at the White House tested positive on Friday

And…

4 Likes

Just going throw link this up for good measure

Coronavirus (COVID-19) frequently asked questions | CDC.

Wear a mask, wash you hands and stay six feet apart from others outside your household.

3 Likes

All these people became infected from the President of the United States of America, isn’t that wild enough? I don’t understand why folks buy into that stuff when reality is already so bizarre? It’s like a weird side effect of times.

4 Likes

Also a weird side effect:

3 Likes

Not sure…but there is TikTok post from her daughter.

KellyAnne Conway tests +

5 attendees of SCOTUS nomination at Rose Garden test positive for COVID-19 - ABC News

3 Likes
2 Likes

Nothing like getting outed by your teenage daughter and being forced to come clean :joy:

4 Likes

Trump seemed to defy the laws of science and disease. Then, the coronavirus caught up with him.

Now, dozens of people — donors, aides, Secret Service agents — who had been close to Trump before his diagnosis wondered if they, too, might be infected. A whole world, with Trump at its center, suddenly faced the threat that the president had encouraged them to deny or understate.

Secret Service agents expressed their anger and frustration to colleagues and friends Friday, saying that the president’s actions have repeatedly put them at risk. “He’s never cared about us,” one agent told a confidant, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the internal reaction.

Secrect Service speaking up?

3 Likes

Looks like if Dems boycott the vote the committee can’t form a quorum! :joy:

4 Likes

Trump campaign managers:
Corey Lewandowski - Criminal charges
Paul Manafort - Criminal charges
Steve Bannon - Criminal charges
Kellyanne Conway - Covid
Brad Parscale - Criminal investigation
Bill Stepien - Covid

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

In the hours leading up to the president’s announcement of a new coronavirus testing initiative last week in the Rose Garden, officials at the Center for Disease Control were left in the dark about the initiative’s actual details. Earlier in the day, Vice President Mike Pence and Adm. Brett Giroir, the administration’s coronavirus testing czar, had hosted a call with the nation’s governors, during which they said that the federal government planned to send states batches of Abbot BinaxNOW point of care tests, free of charge, with the hope that they use them for the reopening of schools.

But neither Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious disease expert, nor CDC Director Robert Redfield were on the call. And when Trump ultimately unveiled the initiative at the Rose Garden, neither Redfield, Fauci nor Dr. Deborah Birx, the coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force, appeared alongside him. (Birx has been traveling across the country to work with colleges to slow community spread). Instead, the president turned to Pence, Giroir and Scott Atlas, an adviser to Trump on COVID-19 issues, to promote the new testing plan.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Excuse me @matt. Are you accusing me of floating a conspiracy theory? This is an extremely legitimate question and given the volume of lies that have been put forward by Mr. Trump, it is perfectly conceivable that this is another one. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-database/

I’m amazed that you have ignored me every time I’ve reached out to you over the years, but decided to acknowledge me now only to say this.