WTF Community

Day 194

1/ Trump personally dictated Trump Jr.'s statement about his meeting with the Russian lawyer, saying they had “primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children” when they met in June 2016. Trump Jr. ultimately acknowledged that he met with the Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer after receiving an email promising damaging information about Hillary Clinton. Trump's advisers fear his direct involvement leaves him needlessly vulnerable to potential obstruction of justice and could place members of his inner circle in legal jeopardy. (Washington Post)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/08/01/day-194/

I’ve always scoffed at the raising the debt ceiling brouhaha bc I figured there would never be a problem with bipartisanship when it comes to looking out for one’s own self interest in keeping the stock market, etc afloat. Today is the first time I actually had a twinge of-well shit they’re gonna bring on the apocalypse this time-feeling.

1 Like