WTF Community

Day 314

Updated 11/29/2017 10:06 AM PST

1/ Trump retweeted three anti-Muslim videos on Twitter, which were initially shared by a far-right British activist who has previously been charged in the UK with "religious aggravated harassment." The unverified videos, posted by Jayda Fransen, the deputy leader of Britain First, depict purported Muslims committing acts of violence and were titled: "Muslim migrant beats up Dutch boy on crutches!" "Muslim Destroys a Statue of Virgin Mary!" and "Islamist mob pushes teenage boy off roof and beats him to death!" Theresa May, the British prime minister, said Trump was "wrong" to share the videos, while Sarah Huckabee Sanders defended the tweets as conversation about the need for national security and military spending. (New York Times / Washington Post / CNN)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/11/29/day-314/

“Muslim Destroys a Statue of Virgin Mary!”

Oh, you mean the same Virgin Mary that Muslims venerate?

Example of when you’ve gone too far for even Piers Morgan & Infowars…

1 Like

:scream: :scream: :scream:

“[Lauer] had a button under his desk that allowed him to lock his door from the inside without getting up.”

2 Likes

I thought the weirdest part about this at first was the fact that he tweeted out a picture of the subpoena.

But, then…this…

1 Like

71% of millennials want a third political party, saying Republicans and Democrats are doing a poor job of representing America

Only 71%???

2 Likes

it’s fascinating that the conclusion to i dont like how the two parties represent us is that we need a third political party and not show up to vote.

what was the millennial voter turnout for the general election? 50%? what’s the avg. overall? ~58%? tight.

1 Like

I think this is because no one know what other options there would be (millennials & asking the questions). What most millennials really want is a value based, transpartisan government. not focused on political parties.

The Millennial Impact Report has been doing some good research on this. Here is a link to the 2016 report (since dl’ing from their site is a pain lol).

This number is actually murky and varies depends on where you look, because we (as a society) apparently haven’t settled on the birth years of the millennial generation. In addition, many pollsters report on the “young vote” (18-29) and simply translate that to “millennials” when the oldest millennial is actually 37, currently. I think Pew probably comes to the closest: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/07/31/millennials-and-gen-xers-outvoted-boomers-and-older-generations-in-2016-election/

2 Likes