WTF Community

Day 319

Updated 12/4/2017 9:25 AM PST

1/ Trump tweeted that he fired Michael Flynn because he lied to the FBI. "I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies," Trump tweeted. "It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!" Legal experts said the tweet is a public admission that Trump knew Flynn had lied to the FBI and possible motivation to obstruct justice. Trump asked if then-FBI Director James Comey could see "his way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go," according to notes Comey kept. Trump fired Comey in May. (New York Times / Politico / Washington Post)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/12/04/day-319/
1 Like

The latest in series of Moore’s sleaziness

Today is the darkest day I’ve seen in weeks. When can this be over? What the fuck just happened to this country?

I’ve never felt so desolate. X_X

2 Likes

:joy_cat:

Tl;dr
Manafort tried to ghost write this op-ed with a Russian colleague with ties to Russian intelligence agencies oh fuck I might die laughing. Besides the obvious wtf-itude, if it had been published it would have violated the court order not to discuss the case in the press. Not only has Mueller withdrawn his agreement to Manafort’s request to reduce the “harshness” of his bail agreement (which holy fuck was pretty stupidly lenient to begin with) but now wants full time GPS monitoring.

3 Likes

The arrogance is thick with that one