WTF Community

Day 389

:eyes:

So they raised $107 million, and spent ~$100 million? Then praised themselves for being frugal? Obama spent ~45M in 2009, an event that was much larger, and better attended for comparison. Good lord.

They only spent ~$51M on actual inauguration expenses (but raised ~$107M).

“…the overwhelming majority of the funds went toward expenses related to the inauguration, with the biggest share — nearly $51 million — split roughly evenly between two companies.”

Which *still* insane – because as you mentioned Obama only spent ~$45M for a much, much larger inauguration (and accompanying events).

I read that as they paid $51 million to two “vendors” and spent the rest ~$49 million on inaugural expenses. They donated ~4.75 million and they have a few million left over.

(If this posts 6,000 times it’s only because I’m getting errors on submit and I’m impatient, not because my point is that important)

A dog whistle doesn’t have to be wrong to be a dog whistle. Today is Wednesday.

Thank you for the link, I was pretty sure I wasn’t hallucinating about that. (If only the POTUS could be chalked up to a mere hallucination?) The relevant section is pretty far down in the copy, for anyone looking.

Oh, interesting. I haven’t seen that. Got a link?

Can you find the video of the segment? Without verification, this is just hearsay.

Sorry, no big deal…maybe that was initially floated as a cover excuse. The NBC report is quite credible & makes total sense.