WTF Community

Day 447

…or ANY time running the country. Running it DOWN doesn’t count. :frowning_face:

1 Like

@matt Re: Chart titled “Republicans Who Who Are Leaving or Who Have Left the House.” A very compelling graph! Thanks for sharing. Here’s the source:

It’s really worth following the link to view the original chart because it is interactive. You can hover the cursor over any of the dots and it will display the Congressperson represented by that dot. Cool! The page also has a similar chart for Democrats – the contrast between the two parties is striking.

Also, if you scroll down, you’ll find a map showing seats that have been vacated district by district – there’s an abundance of red on that map and very little blue.

The page is really a wealth of information regarding congressional resignations and retirements. You have to hand it to CNN’s research team – they’ve poured some hours into this report. It looks like they plan to update it on a regular basis so it should be worth bookmarking.

4 Likes

I am a data nerd and I love seeing these sorts of comparisons. The rate of change left the average around the six month point. I wonder if there were specific events at that time that precipitated the shift or if that was when the “new car smell” wore off.

3 Likes