WTF Community

Day 540

@Pet_Proletariat

The pundits are going into overdrive…!

And within minutes, Roger Stone already revealed himself.

1 Like

All I can say is, “Yikes!” :scream:

4 Likes

There are other remarkable things in this document.

This is a story about how they compromised the voting system.

3 Likes

Anyone know who this “reporter” may be?

1 Like

The Daily Beast says it’s Lee Stranahan, a former Breitbart reporter – and Stranahan himself is also claiming via Twitter that he is the referenced reporter. See the Twitter link in the quotation below.

Mueller’s indictment also alludes to [Lee] Stranahan, saying Guccifer 2.0 sent stolen documents about Black Lives Matter to a reporter on Aug. 22, 2016. Stranahan on Twitter said he was that reporter.

3 Likes

Good grief!!

Good article…and great catch @Keaton_James

Summary sentence -Will Trump Keep Pushing Putin's Lies About Attacking America?

The indictment illuminates how the Kremlin did exactly what Trump is loathe to admit it did. Time will tell if, when it comes to Russian hacking, he will change his tune.

Wow, what a coincidence: a few months after Lee Stranahan received the stolen documents from Guccifer 2.0 (aka Russian Military Intelligence), he went to work for Sputnik, a Russian government-controlled news agency.

April 5, 2017:

“I’m on the Russian payroll now, when you work at Sputnik you’re being paid by the Russians,” former Breitbart investigative reporter Lee Stranahan told me. “That’s what it is. I don’t have any qualms about it. Nothing about it really affects my position on stuff that I’ve had for years now.”

I wonder if Stranahan was also on the Russian payroll back in August, 2016, when the Russians gave him those stolen documents.

5 Likes

I didn’t realize how open these Florida Republicans were about accepting and using leaked documents provided to them by Guccifer 2.0. I missed that earlier reporting.

Almost as soon as the indictment was released Friday, Florida Republicans, Democrats and even allies of Mast speculated that the congressman’s campaign was likely implicated — in great part because a former campaign consultant for Mast admitted last year to The Wall Street Journal and then to POLITICO that he used some of the hacked information in 2016.

Nevins, another Republican consultant and blogger, separately became involved with Guccifer 2.0 when he saw news reports of its information and an invitation for reporters to get the hacked information. Under his @HelloFLAnews account, he direct-messaged Guccifer 2.0 on Twitter and on Aug. 22 received “approximately 2.5 gigabytes of data stolen from the DCCC,” according to the indictment. “The stolen data included donor records and personal identifying information for more than 2,000 Democratic donors.”

“Basically if this was a war, this is the map to where all the troops are deployed,” Nevins wrote Guccifer 2.0. “This is probably worth millions of dollars.”

Nevins told POLITICO on Friday that the sheer size of the information was daunting. “I was like, holy s—, this is a lot of information, and I tried to farm it out to reporters. So District 18 [the Mast race], I sent information to TC Palm.” TC Palm is a local newspaper in the district that covers Florida’s Treasure Coast.

The article is a little difficult to follow – it’s kind of a mashup. Tomorrow I’m going to try to sort this out.

5 Likes

Alot to digest … of all the comments I haven’t seen anyone question FOX News on their use of data from Guccifer or contact from Guccifer? Has anyone seen any mention of FOX?

3 Likes

It is a three-ringed circus now…“The president has hobbled his own executive branch, and the executive branch has hobbled its own president,” said Strobe Talbott,

As Mr. Trump prepares to meet with Mr. Putin in Finland, diplomats and former government officials said these contradictions would undermine both the president’s efforts to cultivate a relationship with Mr. Putin and his government’s efforts to halt Russia’s campaigns to damage American democratic institutions and bully its neighbors.

The White House enshrined a tough approach to Russia in its national security strategy, which was written under the direction of Mr. Bolton’s predecessor, Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster, who spoke regularly about the threat Moscow posed to America’s institutions.

The document says Russia and China “are determined to make economies less free and less fair, to grow their militaries, and to control information and data to repress their societies and expand their influence.”

“The president has hobbled his own executive branch, and the executive branch has hobbled its own president,” said Strobe Talbott, a Russia expert who served as deputy secretary of state in the Clinton administration and was president of the Brookings Institution. “It’s a three-legged race with the contestants going in opposite directions.”

While some former Obama administration officials say they now wish Mr. Obama had reacted more forcefully, they argue that if he had spoken out, Mr. Trump would have accused him of trying to rig the election. Mr. Obama did personally issue a warning to Mr. Putin in September 2016 not to tamper with the election, and then his administration formally accused Russia of stealing and leaking emails from the Democratic National Committee, among others.

Mr. Trump has consistently played down Russia’s role in the election, or his obligation to prevent such disruption from happening again.
Trump Opens His Arms to Russia. His Administration Closes Its Fist. - The New York Times

4 Likes

Interesting exchange between Rep Kevin McCarthy (then House Majority Leader) , and Rep Paul Ryan present…in 6.15.2016

Tweet

Recall. This convo was taped June 15, 2016.

Trump was expected Republican nominee Rep. Kevin McCarthy: “There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump. .Swear to God”

Speaker Paul Ryan: “No leaks. . This is how we know we’re a real family”

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Day 543

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

It’s so complicated. I would emphasize which organization was hacked by whom. We’re dealing with four different orgs, the DNC, the DCCC, Hilary’s campaign and a state board of elections (do we know which state?)

It appears as though the methods were the same and done by the same people. What I don’t think is easily understood is the scale of the operation. People look at those demcrat orgs and they see them as one in the same but they’re not and each hack happened on it’s own timeline…

Give me 20 mintutes to get to my computer and I’ll help sort this out. :+1:

4 Likes

Huh, what a coincidence. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes