WTF Community

Day 908

1/ Republicans temporarily blocked a resolution denouncing Trump's racists tweets that four congresswomen of color should "go back" where "they came" from as "racist comments." In a floor speech, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi urged Democrats and Republicans to "join us in condemning the president's racist tweets" and that the "comments from the White House" are "disgraceful" and "disgusting" and that "these comments are racist." Republican Rep. Doug Collins interjected and asked Pelosi to "rephrase" her statement, which was then ruled as out of order under House rules that lawmakers may not make disparaging remarks about the president on the floor of the House. Following a two-hour long delay, the House voted along party lines to allow Pelosi to refer to Trump's tweets as racist, overriding House rules and GOP objections. That final vote on a resolution condemning Trump's rhetoric is now expected to be held late Tuesday night. (Politico / NBC News / CNN)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2019/07/16/day-908/
4 Likes

Geez.

Kris Kobach: I Might Still Support Trump if He Came Out and Said ‘I’m a Racist’

“I’d have to know who was running against him,” Kobach said, prompting Chris Cuomo to throw up his arms in disbelief.

Contempt vote on AG Barr and Sec Commerce Wilbur Ross

Watch CSPAN now 11:30a PST

Rep Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) head of R’s - gave a guilt laden delivery of why should the Congress be stopping all legislation because the D’s are calling for contempt and impeachment votes…It really could have been a soap opera with his delivery. :astonished:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?462653-2/us-house-debates-barr-ross-contempt-resolution

The political football that is the 9/11 Victims Compensation bill…

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Wednesday blocked an attempt by Democrats to pass an extension of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund.

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) tried to win the Senate’s consent to approve the House-passed bill, which would reauthorize funding until fiscal 2090. The bill cleared the House in a 402-12 vote last week.

But Paul objected, pointing to the country’s growing debt and arguing that any new spending should be offset by cuts to other spending.

“It has long been my feeling that we need to address our massive debt in the country,” he said. “And therefore any new spending … should be offset by cutting spending that’s less valuable. We need to at the very least have this debate.”

2 Likes

Rand Paul blocks Senate from approving 9/11 victim compensation fund

Watch As Uncovered Video Shows Trump Grabbing And Slapping Model’s Butt

HAH! Jinx, Dragonfly. You posted the same article while I was waiting to add others!

Citing what she called tRump’s racist ideology, # ElsaAlcala , a retired GOP judge on the state’s highest criminal court, announced that she can no longer support the GOP & left the party.

Private Prison Bosses Beg Taxpayers to Pay Human-Trafficking Lawsuit Bills

In a series of emails, prison execs pleaded with ICE to pick up their multimillion-dollar tab. At the same time, they argued to shareholders that the suits were no big deal.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.