WTF Community

Day 994

1/ Two men who worked with Giuliani to find damaging information about Biden and his son have been charged with conspiring to violate campaign finance laws that prohibit foreign nationals from contributing to U.S. campaigns. Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman are two key subjects in the House's impeachment inquiry. They were indicted and accused of making "secret agreements" to hide the fact that they were laundering foreign money into U.S. campaigns through a range of corporate identities by using "straw donors" to make the contributions. Parnas and Fruman allegedly used the agreements to hide their scheme from candidates and federal regulators. The indictment alleges that on one occasion, they lobbied a then-sitting member of Congress at the request of "one or more Ukrainian officials." (BuzzFeed News / Washington Post / ABC News / New York Times / Reuters / Associated Press / NBC News)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2019/10/10/day-994/
4 Likes

I’m sure Bill Barr meeting with Rupert Murdoch at his home in New York is just a normal, boring, non-suspicious get together.

Trump Lashes Out at Fox News Poll as Barr Meets With Murdoch

4 Likes

The indictment provided new details about the dealings of Mr. Parnas and Mr. Fruman, as well as a pair of associates, including David Correia, who with Mr. Parnas helped found Fraud Guarantee, the fraud prevention and mitigation company that retained Mr. Giuliani. The four men were charged with campaign finance violations related to their efforts to enlist public officials in their moneymaking efforts and their political efforts in Ukraine.

NYT

The name of their company was called Fraud Guarantee? Omg, that’s too funny. :joy::joy::joy:

This whole thread, god I’m in tears. :joy::joy::joy::joy::point_down: read the comments.

2 Likes
1 Like

Cross-posting - Federal Courts ruled that Trump’s use of emergency declaration to build his wall is illegal AND his attempt to limit green cards based on income is also illegal.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Isis militants break out of prison in Syria after bombing by Turkey

Escape comes after Trump cleared way for Erdogan to launch offensive on Kurds

‘Some of the Most Noble People I’d Ever Met’

U.S. military officers who fought in Syria say they are devastated and ashamed by Trump’s decision to abandon Kurdish-led forces.

Trump regime: ISIS is defeated (it’s not), I am letting Turkey attack our loyal Kurdish allies to end Endless Wars.

Also Trump regime: SAUDI ARABIA NEEDS THOUSANDS OF OUR TROOPS TO FIGHT IRAN!

2 Likes