NYC Subway

5 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

Christmas 2019

5 Likes

Yes, so sad. Can’t Trump’s toxic base give us just one day a year of respite from their relentless hate speech? To me it’s even worse when they dress it up as humor and try to make it part of a holiday that celebrates the spirit of love and community.
:pensive:

Here are some of my favorite responses (courtesy of Raw Story and Huffington Post):

%20entry%20-%20response%201

%20entry%20-%20response%202

%20entry%20-%20response%204

4 Likes

Huzzah, the ham is in.

Cooking it with garnet yams, white sweet potatoes, cosmic crisp apples and a red pear, blackberry mead, mulled cherry wine, coconut oil, ginger syrup, crushed rosemary, kosher and hickory smoked salt, lavender, Saigon cinnamon, pomegranate molasses, an orange-ginger spice mix, and maple bacon to seal it in.

Mele Kalikimaka, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanza, Happy Yule, and general blessings to one and all.

4 Likes

@Windthin yum, I also roasted my ham with pears. Pears and cranberries with a cinnamon ginger honey brown-sugar glaze.

:clinking_glasses::tada::v:

4 Likes

Nice! Tomorrow I am making my infamous cranberry sauce muffins, where I make fresh cranberry sauce and fold it into muffins to get this:

Here are three versions:

6 Likes

cartoon%20-%202019-12-25

5 Likes

mmmm yummy But here it is the middle of summer. So yesterday our xmas lunch was cold lamb and salad followed by pavlova berries and ice-cream with a glass of white wine.

7 Likes

The New Zealand Xmas tree. The Pohutakawa is in flower now. This is taken from the bach* window. Its 3 mins down to the beach and 10 mins back.:smile:
BTW it’s an excellent swimming beach, protected by a reef and a tor from the open sea.

• bach 2 |batʃ| informal

verb [ no obj. ] Austral./NZ

(especially of a man) live alone and do one’s own cooking and housekeeping: _Baldy bached in a hut down the road a bit_ .

nounNZ

a small holiday house.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Yes, I am definitely crying. Beautiful.

1 Like

It’s so dusty in here. :cry:

2 Likes

:smirk:

7 Likes

Found the Youtube version for easier sharing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAxgscOh86o

The title is “Thursday Appointments”, rooted in a practice of going on Thursdays to leave flowers at graves. It was made by a 20-year-old Iranian and won the Luxor Film Festival.

3 Likes

@Pet_Proletariat, “Let me interrupt your expertise with my confidence.” - Ha! Reminded me of this one:

7 Likes

No idea where this is but I love it:

Turns out it’s on the wall of the Harriet Tubman Museum and Educational Center in Cambridge, Md.

This Harriet Tubman mural — and viral photo of a girl reaching out to her — are drawing powerful responses

6 Likes