WTF Community

Humor, memes, funny internet stuff etc

Yes, it is getting harder and harder to put up with this maniac…

I get it. :sob:

2 Likes

Sadly, I was talking about Bill Maher. The “gypsy woman peddling roses” thing is an outdated, offensive stereotype (and the term gypsy itself is highly offensive to many Romani), up there with the Asian driver jokes he STILL tells regularly. Stuff like that on a regular basis, along with extreme misogyny, Islamaphobia, and giving anti-vaxxers legitimacy drove us to stop watching him some time back.

3 Likes

…I just like that he riles up T.

3 Likes

I can’t argue with that. If he wants to get under Trump’s skin, let him. I’d take the Lincoln Project people over him, though. At least I know where they stand.

4 Likes

[quote=“Windthin, post:2496, topic:441”]…
I’d take the Lincoln Project people over him, though. At least I know where they stand.[/quote]

For now, anyway…:thinking:

2 Likes

We know _exactly_where they stand, they are not unclear. Their ads aren’t aimed at us, they’re aimed at Republicans, and watching them it is very obvious. Right now we’re frenemies and that’s it, “friends” is just not in the cards. I think they’re doing The Lord’s Work at the moment, but when this is over the relationship will quickly revert to its pre-Trump dynamic. I am concerned that some people are looking at this like something has changed, like they are magically Fighting For Us now, and this is a forever friendship.

It’s not. This is a temporary cease-fire. In my opinion that’s okay and there’s no need to be cynical about it, as long as people can understand that they aren’t actually speaking for us, they’re speaking for them. They just happen to want the same thing right now, and that thing is “Trump out.” Watch their content through that lens and enjoy it; just understand that it is an immediate, mutual goal and not a paradigm shift, and you’ll be fine. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@celena you’re back, I thought you quit like a year ago.

2 Likes

All of this, yes. I am impressed they’ve gone so far as to take on GOP congress members who support Trump, running ads against Senators especially to help Dems take the Senate, but I do not forget that their ultimate goal is to take back control of their party and eventually push their views, many of which got us here to begin with.

3 Likes

I never really quit I don’t think, my life just went completely insane. It’s still insane, but I’d like to try to be back.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I was getting at, I just didn’t elaborate as you did, thanks! We’re “frenemies”, nothing more, nothing less.

3 Likes

Alex Jones lost his cool on some teens who just DNGAF.

4 Likes

Well I’m sorry to hear about hard times but you ghosted us, we talked nearly everyday, it would have been nice to get a message, we would have supported you in any way we could. Welcome back but don’t ghost again, it leaves us all wondering if you’re ok. :unamused:

This is all a lot, I understand if anyone wants to quit but please just tell us, so we don’t worry you’ve been abducted by the CBP and now are lying in a cell infected with coronavirus. :pray:

That last part was a joke but really we care. :heart:

4 Likes

Hm. Would you mind PMing me quick?

2 Likes

Sarah Cooper is getting a Netflix special

Sarah Cooper may want to send President Donald Trump a muffin basket.

Netflix announced Wednesday that the woman who found fame turning Trump’s comments into viral videos is getting her own special.

“Sarah Cooper: Everything’s Fine” is described by the streaming giant as “a variety special full of vignettes dealing with issues of politics, race, gender, class, and other light subjects” and one in which Cooper “will be joined by a fantastic array of special guests who will participate in short interviews, sketches and more shenanigans.”

The special will be directed by Natasha Lyonne with Maya Rudolph (who earned an Emmy nomination for playing presumptive Democratic vice presidential nominee, Kamala Harris.)

Cooper has garnered a huge social media since going viral in April 2020 for her satirical lip-sync impressions of the president.

She has been retweeted and praised by a multitude of entertainers, including Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ben Stiller, Halle Berry, Chrissy Teigen and Cher.

Cooper’s “How to Medical” video has been viewed more 20 million times and counting.

Prior to her online success, Cooper was a writer and correspondent on the CBS All Access pilot “Old News,” produced by Stephen Colbert.

She is also the author of the best-selling books “100 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings” and “How to be Successful Without Hurting Men’s Feelings.”

“Everything’s Fine” is set to premiere in Fall 2020.

6 Likes

1 Like

Totally agree about The Lincoln Project. Their videos are the best at getting under Trump’s skin. There is a new group The Meidas Touch that hits the mark too on Twitter.

2 Likes

I regularly post videos from Meidas and several other sources here. In fact, I keep a close watch on their feeds.

3 Likes

7 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VYWtXUPFCk&feature=youtu.be

4 Likes

4 Likes