WTF Community

Humor, memes, funny internet stuff etc

Surprised? Nope.

5 Likes

:clown_face:

4 Likes

3 Likes

Trump’s niece says he will run for president in 2024, but there will be no Trump political dynasty because his children lack charisma

3 Likes

Huh. How did I miss this idiocy:

Trump-loving Republicans snatch up “magacoins” — and quickly fall victim to data breach

More than 1,000 people, including GOP leaders and right-wing media personalities, have already signed up

4 Likes

4 Likes

…among other things. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Link

5 Likes

And the idiot has had the gall to post these since:

4 Likes

A bit of apolitical relief: (Anyone else notice that it’s getting harder to find anything to laugh about?)

4 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

This might make your head explode, don’t say you weren’t warned: :smirk:

The bottom line is that trump supporters don’t accept the FB fact-checkers as unbiased because so much of the BS comes from the far-right lunacy, & is therefore by FAR the most frequently blocked content.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Dan Quayle convinced Pence to certify the election after Pence came wheedling to him trying to find a way not to and Quayle stood firm and said “you gotta.”

2020/2021 is definitely what we’d call “interesting times.”

Article:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/09/14/peril-woodward-costa-trump-milley-china/

4 Likes

Last Saturday we went over to Miranda to see if any of the returning Godwits had arrived there. They were far away from the hide on the shell banks closest to the Firth. There is an American connection here so that is why am posting. These birds fly all the way to NZ from the Alaskan Arctic. The longest migration of any bird.

There was an outbreak of Covid reported just north of the Sea Bird Sanctuary where we went on Saturday and the NZ Director General of Health placed the region around the outbreak in lockdown. So we now have to stay home for a few days :frowning: - Even though we only socially distanced past one other person during our visit. Perhaps that’s why the birds were keeping a discrete distance from the hide. Never mind the garden is getting a good going over ready for the spring planting.

This report is centred on Nelson in the South Island but the large majority of the birds actually arrive in Miranda which is in the Firth of Thames and a Ramsar site (an internationally recognised wetland)

5 Likes

What a cheapskate!

Designer David Peters had downloaded the image to Shutterstock.

He said the first he knew about the Trump campaign using the image was when he was contacted by the Insider media organisation asking him for comment.

“At the time I wanted to keep a really low profile and I didn’t want to talk about it publicly, I wanted to keep it quiet but I think it’s such a funny story that it’s worth telling.”

Peters said that was because he could not see “any good” coming from being associated with Trump.

He said he designed the logo about seven years ago when he was approached by a man who wanted “a massive eagle emblazoned on the bonnet of his car”.

“So we did the design, coordinated the print and had it stuck to his car and he drove away happy.”

Peters said he retained the rights to the drawing and put it on Shutterstock and over the course of about seven years it earned about $US224.

“So I think that boiled down to about 56 US cents per download and Trump will have paid something like, or his campaign would’ve paid something like $US3.”

He said the Trump campaign may have even got the design for free since it is possible to get an initial free credit if you have just opened a Shutterstock account.

Peters was dismissive of how cheap this is in terms of a public marketing campaign.

“I just think it really highlights his disdain for even his own supporters, like just how cheap this is and he hasn’t employed a real person to design something special for his official card, like he has to find it on Shutterstock and that’s the way he goes about it.”

Peters said the whole incident is surreal but it also tracks everything we know about Trump.
Peters rejects criticism that the eagle looks like a Nazi representation saying extreme groups from both the left and the right will have “ridiculous spins on things”.

“This is one from the left, where grasping at straws they’re likening it to iconography from the Third Reich and yup it looks very very similar, but it’s also an American Eagle.”

He said it was designed for a car hood and is an American Eagle and that’s as far as it goes.

5 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

I don’t get why Lauren Boebert had to steal from her campaign funds to pay her rent and utilities when she so very clearly is not paying anybody to proofread her stuff.

4 Likes