WTF Community

Humor, memes, funny internet stuff etc

T Rally Las Vegas 9.20.18 - awaiting his arrival.

2 Likes

From the Las Vegas Sun:

Tell me they don’t look like they’re going to kiss. :kiss:

Though I guess to be fair it could just be foreplay; they are meeting for the stated purpose of fucking the whole country over.

4 Likes

Familiar playbook.

5 Likes

Protecting their own, discarding others. :persevere: :pig2:

6 Likes

Sounds about right.

5 Likes

…Pray for SOS

3 Likes

Satire from The Borowitz Report
Grassley Spends Weekend Practicing Pretending-to-Listen Face

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Facing the daunting challenge of appearing to pay attention to a woman’s utterances during a televised hearing, Senator Charles Grassley spent the weekend rehearsing what aides are calling his “pretending to listen” face.

In round-the-clock practice sessions that aides characterized as “excruciating,” the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee struggled to simulate even a trace of interest in what a woman had to say.

“Chuck has never pretended to listen to a woman before,” an aide said. “These are uncharted waters.”

According to the aide, Grassley’s fake-listening skills “are rudimentary at best,” and the senator was able to hold only a semi-attentive facial expression for seven seconds before it showed unmistakable signs of boredom, irritation, and contempt.

At one point, Grassley reportedly exploded with frustration, bellowing, “If I’d known that going into politics meant I’d have to listen to women, I’d have become a longshoreman.”

Complicating the mock sessions further was the absence on the Judiciary Committee of any Republican women to whom Grassley could pretend to listen, forcing Senator Orrin Hatch to step uncomfortably into the role of a woman.

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

Satire from The Borowitz Report

Republican Party Declares Moral Bankruptcy

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—The Republican Party officially filed for moral bankruptcy on Tuesday morning, a move that many in the nation considered long overdue.

In filing for moral bankruptcy, the Republicans will formally attest that they have no morals, standards, or ethics on their balance sheet, and will agree to cease all activity as a political party in exchange for indemnity from any and all legal actions.

Harland Dorrinson, a Washington attorney who specializes in moral bankruptcies, said that, by making its moral vacuum official, the G.O.P. could theoretically break itself up and sell off the parts, but, he warned, “There are no buyers.”

“From Lindsey Graham to Ted Cruz to Mitch McConnell to Chuck Grassley, all of the Republican Party’s assets could only be described as toxic,” he said. “Their breakup value is zero.”

Further complicating such a sale, Dorrinson said, is the fact that the lion’s share of the Republican Party is already owned by the National Rifle Association, Koch Industries, and the Russian government.

“All of those entities are going to take a major loss on their investment,” he warned. “The Kochs have been trying to sell Paul Ryan for months, and they can’t give him away.”

While bemoaning the demise of a once legitimate political party, Dorrinson did see one silver lining. “The bankruptcy of the Republican Party will be presided over by Donald Trump, and no one has more experience in this area,” he said.

4 Likes

Trump addresses the United Nations. What could possibly go wrong? The 1 min clip at the top of this CNN article says everything posterity will need to know about our 45th President. It’s a “must see.” At least the rest of the world can have a good laugh! :rofl:

And this recalls one of my favorite memes. :wink:

4 Likes

4 Likes

The Borowitz Report - who is laughing now???

Trump Brags That He Got Much Bigger Laughs at U.N. Than Obama

By Andy Borowitz

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—Calling his speech to the United Nations General Assembly on Tuesday “an unbelievable success,” Donald J. Trump bragged that he “got much bigger laughs than Obama.”

“When Obama spoke at the U.N. he did not get a single laugh—not one,” Trump told reporters. “I feel sorry for the people who had to sit through his speeches. They weren’t funny at all.”

In contrast, Trump said, “I killed at the U.N.”

“I had them rolling in the aisles,” he said. “Once I started hearing those big laughs, I thought, Poor li’l Obama, he’s going to be so jealous.”

Trump called the United Nations a “tough crowd” for comedy because the audience is composed of people from around the globe. “I’m sure the crooked media won’t give me credit for this, but I’m the only person who can make the whole world laugh,” he said.

3 Likes

3 Likes

1/ @RepSwalwell

Rep. Eric Swalwell Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Just leaving this here.

2/ @realDonaldTrump

We need a President who isn’t a laughing stock to the entire World. We need a truly great leader, a genius at strategy and winning. Respect!
12:30 AM - 9 Aug 2014

4 Likes

That’s very true - up to a point.
Then we think of the damage that he does - not only within the US, but in the so many ways globally. It took decades for nations to reach some sort of agreement for action on Climate Change. He undoes that in a moment.
The Iranian Nuclear deal, the derailing of aid programs directed towards women, to mention just a few. Believe me there are many, many people around the world who cannot wait to see the end of this administratio horribilis

3 Likes

Yes, very good points, well taken. I shouldn’t be glib about the chaos Trump is causing all over the globe, every day. I’m so appalled that somehow my country actually elected him as president – and embarrassed and apologetic – I do welcome the rest of the world to laugh at him (for who he is: a braggart buffoon who, in reality, has nothing to brag about), but don’t mean to imply we should be laughing at what he’s doing now or the danger he poses for the future.

I always enjoy your posts and your international perspective. I hope the U.S. and New Zealand can always be friends! I’m fascinated by New Zealand and hope to visit some day. Cheers!

“I hope the U.S. and New Zealand can always be friends”

My feelings entirely as well. I served in the RNZN for 15 years. The yearly exercises with the USN were always keenly anticipated.

I’m fascinated by New Zealand and hope to visit some day. Cheers!"
I have had the pleasure of visiting America in 2014 on a side trip from Canada. I have a cousin, with whom I grew up, living in Ohio. She and her husband, who were both NZ citizens are now citizens of USA. It was fall and we were blown away with the colour and the beauty. Our native trees mostly hold their leaves throughout the year - which partly explains how it retains its greenness throughout the year.
If you ever make it to this part of the world you would be very welcome to visit.

3 Likes