Gordon Sondland’s opening statement:
Nothing to lose here…for Ambassador Sondland.
He’s not taking a powder for T.
He literally says “everyone was in the loop.”
And he just re-stated it for emphasis!
And here’s who…
RE: Sondland’s 9 hour deposition
Ambassador says ‘everyone was in the loop’ on pushing Ukrainians to investigate Bidens
How could he not…?
Yup…how daft is Nunes gonna sound up against all the revelations that Ambassador Sondland has presented??
Yes to all of it…thx Ambassador Sondland
Was there a ‘quid pro quo?’” said Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, a close Trump ally and GOP donor, in his opening remarks Wednesday to impeachment investigators. “The answer is yes.”
What the friends at right-wing Drudge/Breitbart are blasting…yup, Sondland is squealing.
Gioliani is the problem, and Oh, and Pence did too
U ambassador Gordon Sondland causes impeachment chaos by saying there WAS a quid quo quo and EVERYONE was in the loop - then says he NEVER heard Donald Trump link military aid to a Biden probe and he just ‘assumed’ that ‘2+2=4’
- Ambassador Gordon Sondland, the most anticipated witness in the impeachment inquiry, is testifying Wednesday morning on Capitol Hill before the House Intelligence Committee
- He faced questions on his evolving account of President Trump’s administrations dealing with the Ukraine on his newly-revealed phone call with Trump in a Kiev restaurant
- In his opening statement, Sondland implicated top officials including Donald Trump, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, former National Security Adviser John Bolton and Vice President Mike Pence
- ’They knew what we were doing and why,’ Sondland said. 'Everyone was in the loop. It was no secret’
- The ambassador plainly said, 'Yes, there was a quid pro quo’
- Sondland testified that he was ‘acting in good faith’ and 'followed the directions of the President’
- Sondland is more directly entangled than any witness yet in the attempt to get Ukraine to investigate the Bidens and is one of nine witnesses testifying this week in the impeachment inquiry into President Trump
It’s going to be conspiracy theories.
…revisionist conspiracy. #ObamaObamaObama2016Burisma!!!
Washington Investigative Reporter
Nunes is focusing on whether Ukraine tried to interfere in the 2016 election and also referring to the allegation that Biden tried to squash a Ukrainian inquiry into the Ukrainian firm of Burisma to protect his son Hunter who was on the board. Volker, Kent and others from the administration have testified there was zero evidence to support the allegation against Biden.
NYT LIVE BLOG
Here’s what T is doing…he’s on his way to Texas. But
Michael D. Shear
And now the president is on his way to Texas. Remarkable restraint from Trump today. Usually, he would spend 20 minutes taking questions. Maybe he’s taking the advice of his lawyers and advisers to avoid attacking witnesses.
White House Correspondent
He is, Michael. He’s been told, after his attack on Yovanovitch, to be quieter.
When the president spoke to reporters just now, without taking questions, he read from hand-written notes.
NYT Live blog
These notes Trump had to keep himself on course are truly surreal. Just how far gone is he right now?
‘I want nothing!’ — Trump denies key impeachment witness Gordon Sondland’s claim there was a Ukraine ‘quid pro quo’
Gasp. Rudy doesn’t like having a bus parked on him? Who expected that?
Giuliani seeks to distance himself from Sondland
A little look at one of the GOP talking points on Ukraine: