WTF Community

Joe Biden Presidential Run

I hope I am doing this right as I have never made a post before on here. From where I am watching everything unfold (Canada) I have the impression that Joe Biden is going to announce his name as a candidate for President. I have seen many supporting articles and just as many positions of non-support for this eventuality. Many say he is too old, the party needs to portray a new face. In my mind, Biden has a wealth of experience that he can bring to the race and I really feel that Trump is a little scared of Biden (go back to Biden’s comments about ‘taking Trump out back to the woodshed’ a while back).

If Biden and co. can wrestle the 2nd. term away from Trump then that would be the term needed to put the USA back on an even keel. Many priorities exist for the ‘caretaker’ president: restoration of US standing in the world community, termination of this awful policy of child incarceration and ensuring that families are reunited, working on Obamacare to make sure it doesn’t implode, addressing the failures of the US in dealing with climate change, dealing with the vulnerabilities of the electoral system following the Mueller probe… and I could go on and on. These types of things are necessary after the mess that Trump has placed the country in.

Looking forward to the 2020 term in this manner, the Democrats are in a position to take hold of the presidency again in 2024. If Biden takes on a good VP and that person becomes familiar to Americans, that person could take the reigns and run for President in 2024. I have some preferences for who I would like to see but I would think that this person would have to be a female. My bets are on Kamala Harris or Amy Klobuchar, two of the brightest lights of the Democratic Party (in my opinion).

Starting with the 2024 term Democratic President could then fully concentrate on the Green New Deal, Infrastructure and remaining healthcare concerns.

I look forward to seeing your comments as I feel that the contributors of this group are among the most intelligent around.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2020 General Election