WTF Community

March for Our Lives

It looks as if one of his minders at the white house has written him a list of things to say so that he can pretend to be a caring person. The guy is a sociopath, he doesn’t know how to do that himself. This was a carefully produced photo op. It’s all about him, not about the kids.
Yes the 45 on the shirt cuff is pathetic.

1 Like

I can live with senility but if that’s the case, he needs to be removed ASAP. Senility is not necessarily his fault nor would he be aware enough to know he’s senile in some cases. But then everybody surrounding him is complicit in allowing him to try to govern in such a compromised manner. Lack of empathy can also be organic in which case, we’re also in trouble. But that makes him hard to deal with, but doesn’t imply he’s incompetent. I’m pretty sure he’s got some signs of both bipolar and ADHD; the tweetstorms are pretty typical of manic behavior and the fact that he can’t read his daily briefings is consistent with somebody who can’t keep focused for too long. But that’s treatable with medication. I just get disturbed that nobody seems to be looking out for him. He’s obviously somebody in need of help and everybody in the GOP and his family just accept this as normal. I would love to see somebody dig up the dirt on why he was sent to a military school (supposedly because he couldn’t be “managed”) and see how that profile matches up with the profiles of these kids who have been identified as “at risk” by the SandyHook organization or other credible group. I wonder how many characteristics he, as a kid, had in common with today’s shooters.

1 Like

If he can’t remember to listen, perhaps he can’t remember which President he is either?

1 Like

That’s an interesting point about Trump’s temperament possibly being similar to these shooters. Of course, at a military school, the firearms are well-controlled.

I suspect that’s true.

The Parkland event has touched me in a different way because of the kids speaking out so boldly and then I see the attacks on the kids and I know this is how low our politics has declined in this country and I’m so pissed.

3 Likes

There is a March planned in London outside of the US Embassy on the 24th at noon. If anyone wants to join.

Julia

3 Likes

It’s a little “out of my way” lol, but I’m SO happy to know about it! :grin:

2 Likes

The student who put his back to a door and took 5 shots has taken a turn for the worse. His reps are suing. I can’t imagine this long a wait to find out if your kid is going to make it.

Oh that’s just awful!

1 Like

I am super pissed off. I’ve been receiving solicitations to buy t-shirts for a March that hasn’t even been organized yet. The individual attempting to sell them may or may not be affiliated with efforts to put something together where I live. A separate email said that the location of the march here was TBA so I’m not putting much faith in that. And those t-shirts are going for about $30. I hate the idea that somebody would exploit this. But I don’t know what else to think. It seems backwards to be selling t-shirts which support the March in Myrtle Beach when no march in Myrtle Beach has actually been announced. I sincerely hope that’s not taking place elsewhere.

1 Like

Never know…it could very well be a rip-off, or it could be someone who is sincerely overly-enthused that got off to an early start, but I sure wouldn’t buy one att. It’s a challenge to even warn others, under the circumstances.

They are making a combo 2nd and 14th Amendment argument, saying barring 18-21 year olds from buying guns violates equal protection, resulting in age discrimination. Ya know, like how barring alcohol purchase in that age range does the same thing.

4 Likes

The NRA will probably try to sue every state that changes their gun legislation. I cannot imagine that there’s a court that is going to be willing to actively prevent laws designed to protect our kids particularly with the kind of logic you just expressed and in view of public sentiment and the number of deaths that have occurred in the past year. So, let the NRA keep spending their money on frivolous law suits. I just don’t see them getting very far with this. But then, maybe I’m naive.

3 Likes

It’s time to remind the country that “NRA” stands for “Not Relevant Anymore”! That we, the majority of Americans, are tired of the chaos & killing…and for what? So a bunch of [mostly] guys with hyperactive aggression fantasies can play war without actually joining the military to serve our country? Oh puhleeeze…!

2 Likes

I’ll be naive with you, Amy!

2 Likes

I need to apologize. The guy was the real thing. I don’t know that he’s actually a neighbor. He’s also not very organized. Just this weekend, he was asking for people to chair various things - marketing campaign to parents, sign-in, creating posters, etc. - all things that maybe you’d want to have in place less than a week before. I’m going to try and volunteer to help, but my Dad isn’t doing well at all right now and I am housebound with only some help a couple of afternoons a week. So I’ve no idea who this is going to work. We’ll be assembling at a rather large mall, 90% of which is closed. So there’s a huge parking lot with no cars. But it’s on a very busy road so I doubt anybody’s going to be marching. Besides, it’s Can-Am week here. Lots of Canadians come down to play golf during the winter so apparently, we celebrate their presence with a week just devoted to Canadian things. My kid is all excited because he may finally get to try poutine (French fries and cheese curds topped with a brown gravy). It might actually be interesting to talk to a few Canadians and get their perspective on all of this. Who knows, they may be asked to fund their own wall soon.

1 Like

At the military school he attended they probably didn’t have ammunition. On the gun range only if they did any marksmanship work, but that may not have been the case. They might have drilled with old M-1s, WWII vintage, unloaded.

The military and other schools know you don’t keep ammunition around firearms, it’s the makings of disaster.

1 Like

They did it!

I’m impressed with what the youth from Parkland have accomplished, good article in The New Yorker. Some of the photos of the placards being carried made me laugh, I needed the laugh. I loved the “I’ve seen smarter cabinets at IKEA”. This energy needs to be carried into November. My new slogan #TrumpTrump

3 Likes

That might leave room for misinterpretation?

But I LOVE the “I’ve seen smarter cabinets at IKEA”! :grin:

1 Like