WTF Community

Matt's Secret Project

I completely agree and have wanted to something along these lines for a while now, but right now it comes down to issues with time and resources. Also, lol @ Matt having spare time

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

I might be. It looks as if I’m going to have some time on my hands as of the end of April so could get it started. Is there a way to get in touch with anybody who has ever signed up for WTF? I would also consider browsing old posts and see if there’s merit in any of them but would obviously need to get the OK first. A mass emailing might be easiest. The only other issue that pops into my mind would be some kind of legal waiver for people who contribute. You wouldn’t happen to have access to an attorney who gives you advice on WTF?

2 Likes

Matt, a book deal for you to assemble the daily facts from day one to end of term, or year to year, is an excellent idea, IMHA. Hmmm, sounds like a secret project worth considering. Hey, even a pre- election history of Mr.T. (apologies to the real one).
Gee, mebbie if the Republican voters had been able to read about the history of him and of his family, things would be different today…mebbie.
GO MATT!!

Did you know that there’s an update via Alexa (Amazon Echo) every day? Alexa does a flash briefing and you can add anything you want. So my day begins with the local weather, word of the day, NPR news report, an inspirational quote which is never inspirational, a food tip from the Food Network and the WTF update. That’s generally enough to get me dressed, make the bed, and have a cup of coffee. But you can put anything you want to on your briefing. Amazon is now making Alexa available for cell phones. I believe it’s free but I don’t know if there are limitations on functionality. This is going to be their new way of getting orders; they are encouraging people to place them through Alexa and avoid the hassle of the Internet.

2 Likes

I should do a better job of highlighting this… it already exists :joy:

5 Likes

I knew the podcast existed. I listened a couple of times, but I usually like to read the brief the day of, not listen to it the next day. It would be cool to have a podcast with some more in-depth reporting, though (you know, like in your spare time) :smile:

1 Like

Tell me more!

Not just a legal waiver, but also some thought given to rights. Such a collection would only become salable for Matt if the contributors gave up copyright, which is a questionable thing to ask of them. Otoh, if they became joint owners in the final product, with a prospect in future sales, that’s not only a nice thing to offer but also consonant with the spirit of community that Matt promotes.

1 Like