WTF Community

Mentionable News

She’s pretty good at this :raised_hands:

OCTOBER 23, 2019 | CLIP OF FACEBOOK CO-FOUNDER MARK ZUCKERBERG TESTIFIES BEFORE HOUSE FINANCIAL SERVICES COMMITTEE

Representative Ocasio-Cortez Questions Mark Zuckerberg on Facebook Fact-Checking Policy

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) questions Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg about how the company enforces its political advertising policies and raises some hypothetical examples of the kinds of ads Facebook might block. “Would I be able to run advertisements on Facebook targeting Republicans in primaries saying that they voted for the Green New Deal?” She asks. “I don’t know the answer to that off the top of my head,” Zuckerberg replies. “I think probably.”

5 Likes

3 Likes

2+ million #KurdsBetrayed?
Trump: “They’re No Angels.”

Ethnic cleansing.
Trump: “Both sides won.”

A prominent Kurdish leader brutally executed?
Trump: —

ISIS on the loose.
Trump: “The Kurds did it. Turkey will handle it.”

ISIS might take over Oil Fields?
Trump: “CHARGE!”

::sighs:: And he doubled down on it.

2 Likes

Trump Basically Threatens Protesters

Of course he and his supporters are asserting Trump said “Don’t hurt them,” but it’s perfectly obvious he meant just the opposite. This is the President of the United States acting like a mob boss in front of our entire nation. “Nice little store you’ve got there. It would be a shame if it burned to the ground.” Trump even retweeted this clip because he’s obviously proud of his mob boss image. Just look at his expression. Even if you loathe watching clips of Trump, you must watch this.

And there’s more from our President today:

Then to top it off, his press secretary doubled down on Trump’s “human scum” slur.

White House Press Secretary: Those ‘Against’ Trump Deserve to Be Called ‘Human Scum’

Yes, these are Trump’s planned distractions from his imminent impeachment in the House, but we still need to pay attention because these threats and insults continue to reveal the depths to which he and his supporters are willing to stoop.

2 Likes

Go Greta…

1 Like
3 Likes

If you can, watch The Circus - on Showtime, tonight on the Deep State, and how it is used to undermine the Impeachment inquiry…with John Heileman, Mark McKinnon (R strategist), Alex Wagner - (reporter).

My recap…
Their take is -Deep State - any federal agency wants to tear down Donald Trump.

Deep State is not new. Grover Cleveland fired half the Federal government. Eisenhower talked about the military industrial complex. But now that T is calling out Deep State…and he’s undermining the Government with the likes of Bannon (interviewed)

Capitol Hill, and White House, but there is Foggy Bottom which is the State Dept has 8,000 employees. (Deep state on foreign Policy) These people are now striking back…re: Ukraine, and now they are pinning T into his impeachment, and those who are testifying against him.

Show visits the State Dept…and talk about how much ‘talent’ is leaving the State Dept, not since the Vietnam War. For the first time in 45 years, we have a President who is at war with the State Dept…(but they are NOT at war with him.)

Discuss Bill Taylor’s testimony - interview with Samantha Power who was on NSC and was an Ambassador with UN.

What happens if T is impeached…? Will these employees be pegged as saboteurs (by the right) and thereby disgraced. It is a big deal how much Bill Taylor revealed.

4 Likes

Well he is very welcome here in NZ* - the guy who fired him not so.

• mind you he may not be so keen after what happened last week in Japan.

:sob:

3 Likes

This has taken a very long time…to get this vote.

5 Likes

There was never going to be a future for coal…spin

5 Likes

In unearthed audio, payday lenders were caught discussing how to raise money for Trump’s reelection in order to thwart new regulations

1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/trump-s-steel-tariffs-were-supposed-to-save-the-industry-they-made-things-worse/ar-AAJxQXp?ocid=ob-tw-enus-689

John Oliver’s analysis of the utter debacle in Syria with Trump’s betrayal of the Kurds is a must-see, even if he could only fit so much into the time he had.

Trump & Syria: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)

https://youtu.be/2u_pZ-SgACk

1 Like

This bugs me, a mini rant.

The malinois is a very high energy dog, requiring intermediate to expert level of handling. They want to work with you most of the day. DON’T get one if you aren’t willing to put in the work, they require constant training and exercise.

For example, I have a rottie-mal mix at home and he gets a hour long off-lead run per day, plus mini working sessions, 10-15 minutes long all day. He needs it or he will literally eat my house and all my worldly possessions.

Malinois are incredibly mouthy dogs, so unless you train them up they are very nippy puppies. Not good for young children. This why they’ve earned the nick-name maligator. It’s a cross between an alligator and Malinois.

I accidentally adopted this mix, looking for a good runner/hiker. But I was in 4H in high school, we fostered and trained service pups. So I have high-intermediate level of handling experience and I still enlisted a dog trainer to call as back up.

He’s a great dog, he does tricks, I taught him about a dozen commands, he walks with me off-lead, he can catch anything, jump over anything, he’s super loyal and affectionate but that’s because I put in the WORK.

Don’t believe me ask another mal owner…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8HLcFZNje_w

5 Likes

Trump declares his primary residence is Florida: He knows he’s not welcome back in New York. :mans_shoe: :door:

I wonder if, in his delusional, self-aggrandizing mind, he’s thinking of running for office there. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Paula White, a televangelist based in Florida and personal pastor to President Trump whom he has known since 2002, has joined the Trump administration in an official capacity, according to a White House official.

Ms. White will work in the Office of Public Liaison, the official said, which is the division of the White House overseeing outreach to groups and coalitions organizing key parts of the president’s base. Her role will be to advise the administration’s Faith and Opportunity Initiative, which Mr. Trump established last year by executive order and which aims to give religious groups more of a voice in government programs devoted to issues like defending religious liberty and fighting poverty.

IMO, Trump could care less about religion except as a means of garnering votes. Also, he has zero respect for a pillar of our constitution: the separation of church and state.

3 Likes

Why does Graham really want to give up Judiciary Committee in order to go to Finance Committee?

You think maybe if impeachment hearings get closer to impeachment, Graham does not want to be a defining voice in those efforts, ie CYA.

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) is planning to take back the gavel of the influential Judiciary Committee if Republicans keep control of the Senate in the 2020 elections.

Grassley chaired the Judiciary Committee from 2015 to 2019 but handed over the top spot to Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) in January so that he could take over the Senate Finance Committee.

Under Senate GOP rules, Grassley will hit his term limit for the Finance panel at the end of next year. He has informed Graham that he intends to use his seniority to become chairman of the Judiciary Committee starting in January 2021.

“He has, I think, two more years,” Graham told The Hill on Thursday. “I’d honor any request that he wants to make.”

1 Like
1 Like

North Korea fires two rockets after warning it is losing patience with the U.S.

This comes four days after North Korea warned it is losing patience with the US and its “hostile policy”…

…and restated its end-of-year deadline for Washington to change its approach.

North Korea gives Trump administration year-end deadline to change ‘hostile policy’ if it wants nuclear talks to continue

3 Likes

Holy moly! You need to see this. A 14 year old defeated the problem of blind spots in cars, and it looks SO cutting edge sci-fi amazing!

14-Year-Old Genius Solves Blind Spots

1 Like

Sean Doolittle on declining White House invite: ‘I don’t want to hang out with somebody who talks like that’

You can tell that Doolittle did not take this refusal lightly. He thought long and hard about what he should do and it came down to sticking to his principles. He makes some incisive observations during his conversation with Jesse Dougherty of the WaPo. He speaks from his heart and his head:

Ever since Sean Doolittle was traded to the Washington Nationals in the summer of 2017, the reliever was often asked whether he would visit the White House after winning the World Series.

He pondered but never answered. He thought it would be hollow to respond — like discussing a hypothetical lottery win — because the Nationals fell short in his first season and didn’t make the playoffs the next year. But then the Nationals became World Series champions when they beat the Houston Astros on Wednesday. Then Doolittle, long known for his liberal opinions and willingness to share them, had a real decision to make.

Doolittle chose to not attend a White House ceremony slated for Monday. He is the first Nationals player to publicly confirm that, although multiple people close to the team said a handful of players are wrestling with the decision. He explained his reasons in a lengthy interview with The Washington Post on Friday night. It starts with not compromising his beliefs and an aversion to President Donald Trump’s actions, despite wanting to celebrate with teammates as much as possible.

“There’s a lot of things, policies that I disagree with, but at the end of the day, it has more to do with the divisive rhetoric and the enabling of conspiracy theories and widening the divide in this country. My wife and I stand for inclusion and acceptance, and we’ve done work with refugees, people that come from, you know, the ‘shithole countries,’ ” Doolittle said, mimicking when Trump referred to Haiti, El Salvador and African nations as “shithole countries” in a January 2018 meeting.

“At the end of the day, as much as I wanted to be there with my teammates and share that experience with my teammates, I can’t do it,” Doolittle continued. “I just can’t do it.”

“I feel very strongly about his issues on race relations,” Doolittle said, and he listed the Fair Housing Act, the Central Park Five and Trump’s comments following a white supremacist rally in 2017. He also mentioned that his wife, Eireann Dolan, has two mothers who are very involved in the LGBTQ community.

“I have a brother-in-law who has autism, and [Trump] is a guy that mocked a disabled reporter. How would I explain that to him that I hung out with somebody who mocked the way that he talked, or the way that he moves his hands? I can’t get past that stuff.”

“People say you should go because it’s about respecting the office of the president,” Doolittle said. “And I think over the course of his time in office he’s done a lot of things that maybe don’t respect the office.”

“The rhetoric, time and time again, has enabled those kind of behaviors,” Doolittle continued, referring to racism and white supremacy. “That never really went away, but it feels like now people with those beliefs, they maybe feel a little bit more empowered. They feel like they have a path, maybe. I don’t want to hang out with somebody who talks like that.

Good on him! :trophy:

4 Likes