WTF Community

Mentionable News

Infuriating.

Video shows the inside of an abandoned US camp in Syria taken over by Russian mercenaries

Russian forces sweep into U.S. base abandoned in Syria

And one opinion piece:

If You Don’t Care About Kurds Dying—You’re Not Pro-life

The Kurds might not be angels, but we know who the devil is.

Trump waves off deaths in Syria: The Kurds are ‘no angels’

2 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::open_mouth::bomb::exploding_head: It would seem the Q-Anon crowd is right about human-trafficking… just not who is doing it.

GOP Politician Indicted For Human Trafficking Scheme Involving Sale Of Children

A Republican elected official in Arizona was indicted on human trafficking charges after prosecutors say he ran a human smuggling ring that lured in pregnant Pacific Island women by promising them thousands of dollars.

Once in the U.S., the women allegedly were “crammed into houses to wait to give birth, sometimes with little to no prenatal care,” according to The Associated Press .

3 Likes

Gordon Sondland, Trump envoy and key figure in impeachment probe, faces criticism over $1 million taxpayer-funded home renovation

Gordon Sondland, who has no qualifications for being an ambassador, got the job after he paid $1 million into Trump’s inaugural fund. Then he renovated his new digs with $1 million in taxpayer money. Neat trick. It’s not like he has any motivations for enabling Trump’s Ukraine scheme and then lying about it.

Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union and a central figure in the House impeachment inquiry of President Trump, is overseeing a nearly $1 million renovation of his government-provided residence, paid for with taxpayer money, that current and former officials have criticized as extravagant and unnecessary.

The work on the ambassador’s home on the outskirts of Brussels includes more than $400,000 in kitchen renovations, nearly $30,000 for a new sound system and $95,000 for an outdoor “living pod” with a pergola and electric heating, LED lighting strips and a remote-control system, government procurement records show.

The State Department also has allocated more than $100,000 for an “alternate” residence for Sondland for September and October, while work is performed.

$50,000/mo for temporary housing – sweet!

Sondland, a hotel developer and major Trump fundraiser who had no diplomacy background before he was confirmed by the Senate in June 2018, was pivotal to the administration’s efforts to pressure the government of Ukraine to investigate Trump’s political rivals, according to text messages and testimony from current and former officials.

The renovations at the E.U. ambassador’s residence, which include $33,000 for handmade furniture from Italy, appeared driven by Sondland’s lavish tastes rather than practical needs, people familiar with the matter said.

Under Sondland … the State Department has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on furniture, fabrics and what is described in documents as a “family kitchen,” at a cost of just under $223,000.

That project is distinct from another for a “professional kitchen,” costing about $209,000, the records show.

Some of the work at the residence seemed designed for the comfort of the occupant, not for making the house suitable for guests.

The records show $82,000 was spent on a bathroom renovation labeled “backside office.”

4 Likes

Trump faces furious State Dept. revolt for trashing career diplomats on Ukraine: ‘People are fed up’

2 Likes

The upside is that this may further motivate them to step up and testify to the true events surrounding Trump’s extortion of Ukraine’s President for his personal benefit.

3 Likes

The notorious RBG for the win!

Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been awarded the $1 million Berggruen Prize. The award is given annually to “thinkers whose ideas have profoundly shaped human self-understanding and advancement in a rapidly changing world.”

5 Likes

Tonight at the Capitol…we didn’t see anyone today except a few reporters by the WH. But am looking around Congress for evidence of unprecedented activities today!!! Wow- storming scif…

4 Likes

Hope you’re having fun! You never know who you might bump into. It really is remarkable that our leaders are wandering around in those buildings just like everybody else and it’s not that unusual to spot somebody famous. Decades ago (I’m revealing my ancient age here), I rode in an elevator with George McGovern when he was a Senator – purely by chance. :smile:

3 Likes

Yes they are…

Here are the dividing lines…

-Attack and re-positioning from the R’s
-Bring on the legal facts and testimony with impeachable evidence from the Dems
-And our resident bully know-nothing…all talk/lies just scrambling for his base.

Have yet to see a face I recognize…but I am hearing from cabbies/Uber drivers that by far all the people they see do not like T.

And I bet it was great seeing McGovern…at least he had some vision. I will raise you and tell you I met Walter Mondale… and literally was in an elevator when Henry Kissinger was coming into American University for a press conference. .:smile:

Obviously I was just an infant.

4 Likes

What a fun trip, thanks for the updates!

4 Likes

She’s pretty good at this :raised_hands:

OCTOBER 23, 2019 | CLIP OF FACEBOOK CO-FOUNDER MARK ZUCKERBERG TESTIFIES BEFORE HOUSE FINANCIAL SERVICES COMMITTEE

Representative Ocasio-Cortez Questions Mark Zuckerberg on Facebook Fact-Checking Policy

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) questions Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg about how the company enforces its political advertising policies and raises some hypothetical examples of the kinds of ads Facebook might block. “Would I be able to run advertisements on Facebook targeting Republicans in primaries saying that they voted for the Green New Deal?” She asks. “I don’t know the answer to that off the top of my head,” Zuckerberg replies. “I think probably.”

5 Likes

3 Likes

2+ million #KurdsBetrayed?
Trump: “They’re No Angels.”

Ethnic cleansing.
Trump: “Both sides won.”

A prominent Kurdish leader brutally executed?
Trump: —

ISIS on the loose.
Trump: “The Kurds did it. Turkey will handle it.”

ISIS might take over Oil Fields?
Trump: “CHARGE!”

::sighs:: And he doubled down on it.

2 Likes

Trump Basically Threatens Protesters

Of course he and his supporters are asserting Trump said “Don’t hurt them,” but it’s perfectly obvious he meant just the opposite. This is the President of the United States acting like a mob boss in front of our entire nation. “Nice little store you’ve got there. It would be a shame if it burned to the ground.” Trump even retweeted this clip because he’s obviously proud of his mob boss image. Just look at his expression. Even if you loathe watching clips of Trump, you must watch this.

And there’s more from our President today:

Then to top it off, his press secretary doubled down on Trump’s “human scum” slur.

White House Press Secretary: Those ‘Against’ Trump Deserve to Be Called ‘Human Scum’

Yes, these are Trump’s planned distractions from his imminent impeachment in the House, but we still need to pay attention because these threats and insults continue to reveal the depths to which he and his supporters are willing to stoop.

2 Likes

Go Greta…

1 Like
3 Likes

If you can, watch The Circus - on Showtime, tonight on the Deep State, and how it is used to undermine the Impeachment inquiry…with John Heileman, Mark McKinnon (R strategist), Alex Wagner - (reporter).

My recap…
Their take is -Deep State - any federal agency wants to tear down Donald Trump.

Deep State is not new. Grover Cleveland fired half the Federal government. Eisenhower talked about the military industrial complex. But now that T is calling out Deep State…and he’s undermining the Government with the likes of Bannon (interviewed)

Capitol Hill, and White House, but there is Foggy Bottom which is the State Dept has 8,000 employees. (Deep state on foreign Policy) These people are now striking back…re: Ukraine, and now they are pinning T into his impeachment, and those who are testifying against him.

Show visits the State Dept…and talk about how much ‘talent’ is leaving the State Dept, not since the Vietnam War. For the first time in 45 years, we have a President who is at war with the State Dept…(but they are NOT at war with him.)

Discuss Bill Taylor’s testimony - interview with Samantha Power who was on NSC and was an Ambassador with UN.

What happens if T is impeached…? Will these employees be pegged as saboteurs (by the right) and thereby disgraced. It is a big deal how much Bill Taylor revealed.

4 Likes

Well he is very welcome here in NZ* - the guy who fired him not so.

• mind you he may not be so keen after what happened last week in Japan.

:sob:

3 Likes

This has taken a very long time…to get this vote.

5 Likes

There was never going to be a future for coal…spin

5 Likes