WTF Community

Mentionable News

Dogs are not food!

Roberts Upholds COVID-19 Restrictions on Churches, Scolds Kavanaugh

Kavanaugh deliberately ignored basic facts to accuse California of religious discrimination.

5 to 4 in the middle of a pandemic. Wow.

3 Likes

I saw this trending last night but couldn’t find anything at the time.

Anonymous Has Released Proof Tying Donald Trump To Jeffrey Epstein

Still uncertain what to make of it.

1 Like

I was just reading on that too. Looks like this “anonymous” source selectively reintroduced this Epstein/Trump lawsuit. It had been out there before. It may have been dropped…not sure.

I think because there has been a 4 part Netflix show on Epstein, which talks about all the top level contacts he had and questions his offing as well as his cleaned up lawsuit when he was given a grossly small sentence, he is on people’s mind.

Some responses to those Anonymous releases were that we’ve seen this document and they were non-plussed.

3 Likes

I noticed in a search for articles on Trump and Epstein within the past week that while that is the only article on the Anonymous drop, a number of publications have recently written on their relationship:

Actually, this article mentions the rape also, I find:

And this now:

3 Likes

T and Epstein definitely palled around late 90’s…and surely there was some underage stuff. Among all the other lawsuits against T from other women, the 30 plus victims,
this one stood out because of course it involves a minor.

T had a falling out with Epstein over some property deal that T wanted…and T is right that they severed ties with Epstein. I do not think Epstein was a member of Mar-A-Lago but at a certain point (at the start of T’s campaign) Epstein became a liability.

All of these playboy escapades are probably true. Getting at them, has been hard. With Epstein gone…and was that intentional? now becomes the things that Barr knows as well as T.

Just another sick layer, that falls into more gossip, and innuendo now that real problems plague the nation - pandemic…racism…inept presidency…Fall election.

Can not go there.

2 Likes

ISIS is using coronavirus to rebuild its terrorism network in Iraq and Syria

The fight may feel far away to Americans, but the resurgence of ISIS will have far-reaching consequences both abroad and nearer to home.

1 Like

A new trend among the QAnonsense crowd is to use # CCP , a reference to the China Communist Party, as an insult against liberals.

In other news, Trump has taken to tweeting from hiding in a bunker.

As Protests and Violence Spill Over, Trump Shrinks Back

The president spent Sunday out of sight, berating opponents on Twitter, even as some of his campaign advisers were recommending that he deliver a televised address to an anxious nation.

4 Likes

The Bulwark, a conservative platform writes of a time when leaders stood up to any outside criticism, and allowed for differences, highlighting a speech given by former Senator Margaret Chase Smith (R-ME) who urged the president to act and speak to heal a nation. Called the Declaration of Conscious speech.

This is the same strong female voice that called out Sen Joe McCarthy’s criticisms of any person having opposing thoughts as the norm (Red Scare - and no communism platforms)

It’s worth your time to read Smith’s entire speech (which took her about 15 minutes to deliver). But there are aspects worth highlighting as they apply to the politics of today.

Mr. President, I would like to speak briefly and simply about a serious national condition. It is a national feeling of fear and frustration that could result in national suicide and the end of everything that we Americans hold dear. It is a condition that comes from the lack of effective leadership either in the legislative branch or the executive branch of our government.

As our own Congress continues its slow, do-little glidepath to the contentious 2020 elections, and as President Trump tweets while our cities burn, our national feeling is certainly one of fear and frustration.

I speak as a Republican. I speak as a woman. I speak as a United States senator. I speak as an American,” Smith said. The first of five topics she tackled was how the Senate had become “a forum of hate and character assassination.”

I don’t think I need to tell you, dear reader, that we have problems with hate and character assassination in our politics today, and they start at the top. But it’s corrupted political discourse all the way down—not just down to the level of senators and representatives, but down to local officials. Smith’s intent was basically to indict McCarthy (without naming him) for lobbing accusations from the safety of the Senate. “Whether it be a criminal prosecution in court or a character prosecution in the Senate,” Smith said, “there is little practical distinction when the life of a person has been ruined.” Today, it’s the attack machine of the president, his official defenders in the administration, his apologists in conservative media, and his followers in social media who seek to destroy anyone who stands against him.

Smith next tackles “the basic principles of Americanism.” It amounts to a succinct explanation of the “liberal” side of what makes the United States a “liberal democracy”:

Those of us who shout the loudest about Americanism in making character assassinations are all too frequently those who, by our own words and acts, ignore some of the basic principles of Americanism.

The right to criticize.

The right to hold unpopular beliefs.

The right to protest.

The right of independent thought.

The exercise of these rights should not cost one single American citizen his reputation or his right to a livelihood nor should he be in danger of losing his reputation or livelihood merely because he happens to know someone who holds unpopular beliefs.

Judging by that passage, Smith—who died in 1995, just shy of 100—would be horrified by today’s America. One need only log onto Twitter to see tribalist witch hunts going every which way. Usually, they’re tied to one of these “basic principles of Americanism.” Often, what people said was ill advised or stupid, but the responses are often also ill advised or stupid. People push for firings, retribution. Memories are long. Digital trench warfare goes on and on without end. Donald Trump didn’t create this dynamic, but there’s no doubt that day after day, he makes it worse.

And conservative critics of Trump and Trumpism today often fare about as well as Smith did. After her speech, McCarthy called her (and the six senators who signed onto her declaration) “Snow White and the Six Dwarfs.” Just the sort of juvenile name-calling President Trump relishes.

From the US Senate page

In her 15-minute address, delivered as McCarthy looked on, Smith endorsed every American’s right to criticize, to protest, and to hold unpopular beliefs. “Freedom of speech is not what it used to be in America,” she complained. “It has been so abused by some that it is not exercised by others.” She asked her fellow Republicans not to ride to political victory on the “Four Horsemen of Calumny–Fear, Ignorance, Bigotry, and Smear.” As she concluded, Smith introduced a statement signed by herself and six other Republican senators–her “Declaration of Conscience."

4 Likes

moving to another topic

2 Likes

So, the more that comes out about the Trump-Epstein-Anonymous thing, the less I trust this new Anonymous.

The latest includes them hacking the Chicago police radio to play “Fuck the Police” and accusing the British royal family of murdering Princess Diana, and I’ve looked at their two main twitter accounts and it’s full of the sort of “global pedophile/child murder ring” garbage QAnon loves.

Take a look:

3 Likes

Thanks for digging into this, I don’t really understand Anonymous even tho I’m a little embarrassed to admit it. Like, is it a “spirit of” type thing, where just anyone who says they’re a part of Anonymous…a part of Anonymous? Is it on a Wikileaks track where it started off doing good things and is now just falling apart into a pile of weird ass bullshit? Anyway, it’s good to have healthy skepticism and vet all sources for the topics we post about here, curious to learn more about it all.

4 Likes

I know that they’re abusing the whole “Epstein Black Book” thing; that book was compiled by his staff and many in it were highly influential people he WANTED to meet and associate with but did not necessarily ever meet him. Looking at the timelines of the two main twitter accounts behind this though really worries me. I saw all of the same stuff I’ve seen from QAnon time and again about giant child slavery rings murdering kids for fun, so on.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: :ballot_box: 2020 Primary Election

3 Likes

U.S. jobless claims last week were 1.877 MILLION, which exceeded the Dow Jones estimate of 1.775 MILLION

Jobless claims, total unemployment level worse than expected

“The American Bankruptcy Institute said Thursday that U.S. Chapter 11 bankruptcies in May ballooned by 48% compared to a year ago.”

Jim Cramer: The pandemic led to ‘one of the greatest wealth transfers in history’

4 Likes

VIgilante justice - A man on a bicycle assaults a child because she is putting up signs about George Floyd and he yanks them out of her hand. Her friend runs to her, and tells him to stop, then he turns, and rams with his bike the person video taping this event.

It took less than 24 hours to find him…with a few mis-identified people…

He was a total bully, and will be called to justice.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gn09nh0am4lwc9/Screenshot%202020-06-05%2018.17.00.png?dl=0

After a video was widely circulated of an incident that occurred on the Capital Crescent Trail in Bethesda on June 1, the Maryland—National Capital Park Police announced Friday evening that they have identified and arrested a suspect. Anthony Brennan III, 60, of Kensington, was arrested Friday and charged with three counts of second-degree assault, according to a press release from the Park Police.

In the video, a man on a bicycle is seen aggressively confronting a group of teenagers who say they were putting up fliers in support of George Floyd. Since the clip was posted yesterday it has been retweeted more than 143,000 times, leading to a heated search to identify the man that led to at least two incorrect names being widely shared.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b960vwsw8hpc3ql/Screenshot%202020-06-05%2018.20.02.png?dl=0

4 Likes

This is huge. The effort by the Trump regime to defund and unrecognize this tribe in 2018 put ALL tribes recognized after 1934 at risk of losing their tribal designation and lands.

Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe

4 Likes

James Bennet Resigns As Editorial Page Editor of The New York Times; Katie Kingsbury Named Acting Editorial Page Editor

:clap::clap::clap:

Why did it take so long?

Read for reference :point_down:

4 Likes

Some reactions,

Media Matters Editor. Some of this I had forgotten about… good riddance.

Politico foreign affairs reporter to an independent investigative journalist

3 Likes