WTF Community

Podcasts of note

Was just going to recommend this. Also Chapo Trap House and The Daily Zeitgeist are two, long form podcasts that are worth the listen.

http://www.radiolab.org/story/radiolab-presents-more-perfect-gun-show/
I had not heard this episode before yesterday. It’s very informative with background on 1 - when the NRA turned from primarily being a gun safety organization into a political organization (they actually were considering leaving the Washington area and moving to Colorado ) and 2 - how they ignore the second part of the 2nd Amendment that refers to ‘militias’ and left it out in the quote that’s published in their headquarters. OTOH the reference to militias vs. the citizen was a primary thrust in the legal argument before the Supreme Court, Scalia had a lot of influence it seems, on the opinion issued by the court.

2 Likes

Fantastic episode!

New find for me. A look at Constitutional law V Trump. Made in part by Roman Mars of 99% Invisible. https://trumpconlaw.com

Cooked Media’s The Wilderness

I really enjoyed this week’s episode in particular, Chapter Nine: The Second Bill of Rights. It was a deep dive into economic policy and how to help grow the middle class. I usually slump with a half glazed look in my eye when podcasts tackle socio-economic policy but was not boring at all, riveting in fact, now I want more. I felt like had been taking hits from the Aaron Sorkin bong!

Anyways have listen it’s a good show. :ear::point_down:

1 Like
2 Likes

Listened last night and this is very good so far.

This podcast will follow the two threads of impeachment simultaneously. Every Saturday, we’ll begin with a quick tour of what we learned that week that actually matters. All signal, no noise. But then we’ll dive into the deep machinery, ideas, and political and geopolitical context that will shape the impeachment process. What’s the definition of “high crimes and misdemeanors?” How are impeachment trials conducted? What happens if the president refuses to cooperate with the inquiry? What can we learn from the impeachment inquiries launched against Andrew Johnson, Bill Clinton, and Richard Nixon — or the more numerous impeachments of federal judges?

2 Likes

Excellent podcast. Highly recommended!

Rabbit Hole

What is the internet doing to us? The Times tech columnist Kevin Roose discovers what happens when our lives move online.

2 Likes

I second all Matt’s suggestions and would add: Crooked Media’s Pod Save The World & Lovett or Leave It, Vox’s The Weeds, Slate’s Trumpcast.

5 Likes

I would add Ezra Klein’s weekly podcast and Preet Bharara’s weekly podcast, both on Stitcher

1 Like