WTF Community

The Impeachment of President Donald J. Trump

Wow. Here we have Trump’s son, who cheated veterans and cancer victims, quote-tweeting the woman who created the Spygate conspiracy theory while calling for Mitt Romney to be expelled from the GOP.

I can’t think of a better recommendation for Mitt Romney’s integrity.

Good Trouble.

3 Likes

Final results of the Article 1: Abuse of Power vote - 48 to 52.

Second article coming up.

3 Likes

The final tally on Article 2: Obstruction of Justice is Guilty 47, Not Guilty 53.

And with that the trial-that-was-not-a-trial is over and Donald John Trump is anointed God-Emperor Trump of the Grand Ol’ Party.

2 Likes

He’s still impeached. :smirk::laughing::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

::sighs:: He is, but does he really understand that?

In Private, Republicans Admit They Acquitted Trump Out of Fear

One journalist remarked to me, “How in the world can these senators walk around here upright when they have no backbone?”

3 Likes

Cross-posting :raised_hands:

Last call for impeachment news!

4 Likes

Let the reprisals begin. Trump just posted an attack ad against Mitt Romney.

1 Like

Watch: President Trump Statement on Senate Acquittal

President Trump delivered a statement on the Senate acquittal on two articles of impeachment.

2 Likes

Asking your supporters to fight your rivals “to the death” is totally normal, right?

Matthews: In rambling, unapologetic speech, Trump asks allies to fight Democrats ‘to the death’

The Treasury Department refuses to release Trump’s taxes or other information, but Hunter Biden? Sure!

Treasury Department sent information on Hunter Biden to expanding GOP Senate inquiry

https://news.yahoo.com/treasury-department-sent-information-on-hunter-biden-to-expanding-gop-senate-inquiry-161846826.html?soc_src=hl-viewer&soc_trk=tw

2 Likes

Summary of the Impeachment

01/29 - 02/06

So that was an impeachment :flushed: WTF, right?

5 Likes

Here’s What’s Happening In Republicans’ Biden–Ukraine Investigation

In November, Grassley and Johnson, who lead the Finance and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs committees, wrote to a powerful law enforcement agency within the Treasury Department seeking information on any suspicious financial activity by Hunter Biden, Burisma, and others.

Schapitl declined to say what the agency, known as the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network or FinCEN, turned over to the lawmakers. Treasury did not return a request for comment.

The documents sought by the senators, known as suspicious activity reports, or SARs, are filed regularly to FinCEN by banks when they spot transactions that bear the hallmarks of financial crimes. Though the reports themselves are not evidence of a crime, they can be used to support investigations and intelligence gathering. It’s unclear if the materials provided to the committees are SARs and if so, to whom they pertain.

“It’s strange that any senator would complain about receiving responses to oversight requests in a timely manner,” the Grassley spokesperson said Thursday. “As a general matter, most oversight requests do not involve material protected by Executive Privilege, so it can be more rapidly provided to Congress. If the administration were to claim privilege over requested material, as the Obama administration did in during the ‘Operation Fast and Furious’ investigation, members of Congress can use other tools at their disposal – including the courts – to compel cooperation. In the case of impeachment, the House chose not to do so.”

Omg, this will never end. :confounded: Read this whole thing.

3 Likes

Cross-posting

3 Likes

Cross-posting

I was prepared to let this thread go this week but because of the petty payback that’s happening, I feel it would be a shame to leave it out.

4 Likes

This headline belongs on this list.

4 Likes

A day late and a dollar short. But I’m sure she’ll continue to be “very concernced” as Trump’s mafia-style acts of vengeance roll on.

And this is so laughable: She ends the interview by saying she hasn’t decided if she’ll support Trump for re-election. So yet again, she’s going to milk everything she can from a public display of “anguished decision making” before she lands on whichever side benefits her most. I just hope Maine voters are as sick of her self-serving grandstanding as is the rest of the country. Let’s give Collins the boot! :boot:

Collins’s leading Democratic opponent, Sara Gideon, recently won the endorsement of Planned Parenthood. This is a big deal and carries a lot of clout. See the 2020 Primary thread for more. :muscle:

4 Likes

Miranda Yaver nails Collins’s infuriating duplicity:

tweet%20re%20collins

4 Likes

Republican Senators Tried to Stop Trump From Firing Impeachment Witness

Among the Republicans who warned the White House was Senator Susan Collins of Maine, who after voting to acquit Mr. Trump said she thought he had learned a lesson. Others included Senators Thom Tillis of North Carolina, Martha McSally of Arizona and Ron Johnson of Wisconsin. The White House did not respond to requests for comment on Saturday but a senior administration official confirmed the senators’ outreach.

Ms. Collins said Saturday that her lesson comment had been misinterpreted and that she had earlier noted that she did not support retribution. “The lesson that I hoped the president had learned was that he should not enlist the help of a foreign government in investigating a political rival,” she said in a statement to The New York Times. “It had absolutely nothing to do with whether or not he should fire people who testified in a way that he perceived as harmful to him.”

“The lesson that I hoped the president had learned was that he should not enlist the help of a foreign government in investigating a political rival,”

–Susan Collins days after acquitting the President

2 Likes

The Cover-Up Continues… :zipper_mouth_face:

Bolton’s team accuses White House of suppressing his book

Former national security adviser John Bolton’s team on Friday accused the White House of trying to suppress his unpublished book after word surfaced that the National Security Council had sent him a letter expressing concerns that the manuscript contained classified information.

The White House has been scrutinizing Bolton’s book, which is due out next month, for classified materials as part of a standard pre-publication review process.

Sarah Tinsley, a senior adviser to Bolton, issued a statement Friday acknowledging that a letter from the NSC had been sent to Chuck Cooper, Bolton’s lawyer. News that the letter had been sent had started circulating in Washington earlier in the day.

“This latest leak from the NSC’s pre-publication review process raises even more serious concerns that the process has been thoroughly breached, and that it is more about suppressing Ambassador Bolton’s book than about classification issues,” Tinsley said.

She said Bolton was reviewing the letter and would respond. She said Bolton continues to believe “that the manuscript contains no legitimately classified material.”

Bolton is expected to respond soon. Watch this space…

At the same time, let’s not forget Bolton’s fundamental duplicity in all this. He’s had ample opportunity to come clean on what he knows and assist the investigations, but has refused to do so:

4 Likes

Here is an ad running now…even on Fox

6 Likes

Sen Joe Manchin stands up to T…good for him.

Sen. Joe Manchin defended his vote to convict President Donald Trump on the two articles of impeachment approved by the House after the president attacked him on social media as “weak” and “pathetic.”

I’ve read the transcripts thoroughly & listened to the witnesses under oath," Manchin replied.

"Where I come from a person accused defends themselves with witnesses and evidence," he added, referring to the White House’s refusal to cooperate with the investigation and its order for administration officials not to testify.

4 Likes