WTF Community

👀 What I’m Watching: Day 833

Here’s a running list of stories I’m keeping an eye on today. What’d I miss? Contribute any links, write short blurbs, or send me copyedits below and become the media.

The White House has accused special counsel Robert Mueller’s team of playing politics with the investigation and wildly straying from their mission in a letter sent to Attorney General William Barr last month and released Thursday afternoon.

In the five-page letter, a top White House lawyer, Emmet Flood, raised several concerns with the substance and format of Mueller’s report, which did not establish a criminal conspiracy between Trump’s campaign and the Russians but did unearth substantial evidence of obstruction by Trump, but without saying if the President should be prosecuted.

Nancy Pelosi on Thursday accused Attorney General William Barr of committing a crime by lying to Congress

“He lied to Congress. He lied to Congress,” Pelosi said soon after at a news conference. “And if anybody else did that, it would be considered a crime. Nobody is above the law. Not the president of the United States, and not the attorney general.“

Attorney General William Barr would not show up for his scheduled testimony before the panel and that the department would not comply with a subpoena for special counsel Robert Mueller’s full report.

The U.S. State Department allowed at least seven foreign governments to rent luxury condominiums in New York’s Trump World Tower in 2017 without approval from Congress

From earlier

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Day 833