WTF Community

What The Fuck Do You Do To Stay Sane?

I never really got into weed myself because of the paranoia I experienced. However, while exploring medicinal marijuana recently after injuring my back, I’ve been reading articles about marijuana with higher CBD and lower THC. Practically no paranoia and none of the psychoactive effects but is an effective anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety medicine.

3 Likes

CBD is wonderful, I use to ease my tension headaches that would morph into migraines. I take a little indica high in CBD but low THC before bed I almost never get them anymore. It comes in an oil as well. Pretty cool stuff but remember to always ask your doctor, while cannabis in not addictive, it can be habit forming and smoking is never healthy.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, marijuana is illegal where I live (VA) so I have not gotten my hot little hands on any but if and when I do, I will vape it. :shushing_face:

I talked my psychiatrist about using weed to help with anxiety and she advised against it. I have a major depressive disorder and ADHD, by the way. Of course, her resistance to the idea is partly money-motivated.

2 Likes

First let me say that while I currently have no personal interest in using medical marijuana, I remain very open-minded, both about it’s use medically and as a recreational drug that’s no worse than alcohol. But I do think that
medical uses aren’t for everyone and while you might want a second opinion about it being prescribed for you, I
also think you need to respect that your doctor is well-informed & likely has good reasons why she doesn’t think it’s an option for you, beyond losing you as a patient, as you implied. Remember that any doctor worth seeing keeps the notion “first, do no harm” firmly in mind. We’d all like quick easy fixes to our problems without making them worse…I wish you the very best, as this issue sees more research & “daylight”. Sadly, with the GOP & 45 currently in control of our country, science & progressive ideas are in jeopardy, which is yet another reason why your doctor may hesitate to alter the course of your treatment at this time…not wanting to be on the wrong side of a changing law that could easily interrupt your treatment, even IF it seemed to be working for you.

1 Like

I first want to say, with humble gratitude to God or the Metaverse (to me, they are the same) that I have found medical assistance to my problem so I will still feel rotten sometimes, but a lot less hellish.

And since I will now not have to buy Valium off the streets to taper of with, I will be able to afford CBD. I trust cannabis in general having been a hippie all my life.

2 Likes

“The Post” sounds very interesting, in light of what Spielberg stated. Being on disability, I seldom have money for theater films, but now that I got medical detox for my tranquilizer problem, there’s a bunch of money I won’t be having to spend to medicate myself. So I will keep that in mind! Weekday matinees are also big money savers.

I am going to go nuts waiting for Mueller to finally question 45. That ought to be done on public live video!

2 Likes

I have a hunch that pretty much says it for ALL of us, and of course they must tape it…I mean, that jerk even says he didn’t say things that he’s ON VIDEO saying, and many of his fans are so into stupid conspiracy theories they’ll probably still believe whatever he says. But hey, they are still the minority, even with the GOP doing their best to sow seeds of doubt. Just as with climate change, the truth isn’t always “convenient”.

3 Likes

Mesila - are you dealing with valium withdrawal or did I misunderstand? When I was divorced many moons ago, my ex decided refused to settle until 2 days before the court hearing. But in the meanwhile, he tried every trick in the book, threatening to gain full custody of my kids (which everybody knew would never happen), claiming I was having an affair because I was on the Internet every night (I was actually in a mom’s forum and just posting), showing up unexpectedly, not showing up when he was supposed to take the kids because I had made plans which I then had to cancel. But I was a nervous wreck for several months. I was given valium because I had taken it in the past with no difficulty. Except this time, I found I was taking a lot more of the valium and I could see the dependency growing day by day. The only way I was able to get off of it was to reduce the amount I was taking every week until I was down to nothing. So for a week, I would take 3/4 of what I had been taking before, then moving to 1/2, to 1/4 where I stayed for quite some time, then 1/8 (thank goodness for pill cutters) and finally nothing. I also started exercising like crazy. Every time I started to feel weird, I’d either head to the gym for 90 minutes, or just exercise at home. But I would do sit-ups, push-ups, squats and do nothing else but focus on my breathing. That helped a lot. In the car, I would listen to songs with a strong beat (I found John Philip Sousa’s marches to be particularly good for this) and I would just focus, again, on my breathing in time to the beat. I cannot meditate. I’m too ADD to just try and focus on relaxing for more than a minute or two. But I can listen to music and breathe and keep my focus for a t least one song. But each song is different so my mind didn’t wander. It doesn’t cost any money and at least, based on m experience, it worked. I’m not sure what your situation is, but thought I’d offer my two cents worth in case it might be helpful.

2 Likes

Thanks, Amy…my doctor is taking me down one milligram a month…I had been taking as much as 40-70mg and I had gotten it down to 5mg a day on my own. I’ll keep going until I am off them. I used to take them very occasionally when I was getting medical treatment involving lots of blood draws since it helped me stop shaking so much. That was not daily use. It took 45 and all that came with his dynasty like family and his lackeys to push me into a constant anxiety level that nothing else seemed to help me with. But I have help now and should be off them before the summer.

Definitely planning to investigate CBD when my pill detox reaches a certain point. I want to stop being a zombie, and find ways to help the movement.

1 Like

Watching the Olympics was a helpful escape, for the most part, but now as they are finishing up, here comes another brush with the reality of the world we’re now dealing with, thanks to all our inter-connectedness:

And speaking of the Olympics, am I the only one who is glad that our 2018 medal count is rather low compared to past years? Because if the outcome were different, it’s no struggle to imagine trump claiming that as proof that he somehow has “made America great again”! You know he would…

3 Likes

I totally agree! Never really been into the Olympics or sports in general but I know 45 would have had a field day bragging about medals and making it all about him.

The Olympics are the only time I watch any sports, but I haven’t been as into it this year…I watched my favorite stuff (like the ice skating) but honestly have been far more interested in what’s going on with politics & Mueller etc. I like how the Dems “memo” finally got released just when trump/GOP was hoping that most of us were watching the Olympics. :unamused: I guarantee that was intentional.

1 Like

I lost interest too, although everything was obscured by the Parkland shooting and student response. I tend to idealize the Olympic athletes and believe they can rise above politics. It seems to be more about the love of the sport and the athletes find common ground based on that. I always get a little misty eyed when the President of the IOC calls upon the youth of the world to assemble 4 years from now. It’s as if the country boundaries have all blurred. That’s the idealist in me. I’m just scared that I’m losing that idealism as time goes by. I wonder where the U.S. will be by the next Olympics.

2 Likes

I think what we’re seeing is that “real” people (not politicians or government officials) have so much in common to celebrate & respect in each other…if only our goofy “leaders” would stay out of it? Didn’t you love seeing Pence there, snubbing the North Koreans? Geez, what a colossal jerk he is, no better than trump.

And who exactly do our governments really represent anyway? Themselves & the other rich people who put them in office, that’s who. Sorta the same, the world over, don’t you think? There’s gotta be a better way?

1 Like

I would think so, but then I look at China and the idea that they are giving up term limits on the Presidency because they have nobody else who would be equipped to run the country. I’m not sure if that’s rhetoric or legit. I’m sure Trump feels there’s nobody else suited in the U.S. to run our country, but he’s also not paying very much attention to all of the rather overt signals that the majority of the population don’t feel the same way. I keep wondering what does it take to be an effective leader these days, given the diversity of attitudes, experiences, and priorities of the people. You just can’t make everybody happy so I suppose the goal is to agitate as few as possible and try to move the country forward on issues that should be addressed. But there doesn’t even seem to be consensus on that. So yes…there has to be a better way, but I’ll be damned if I have a clue as to what that might look like. I’d sure love to hear others’ opinions on what that might be!

2 Likes

Rhetoric & a firm intentional grasp on power, I’m quite sure. trump would love to do the same thing…a dictatorship. Most of the fight has gone out of the Chinese…they’ve been trampled on for a long time.
While it’s a frustrating back & forth with conflicting ideas in a democracy, at least we pretend to have a say, which gives us “skin in the game” and a means to progress. It’s neither pretty or perfect though.

2 Likes

I think Barack Obama was a fairly great example of a good leader, who had a lot on his plate PLUS all the racist bullshit to deal with and he handled it with both gravitas and wit, AT THE APPROPRIATE TIMES. He is a great orator and had a beautiful family instead of a skanky, greedy proto-dynasty. I miss him so much.

3 Likes

Hi Mesila, I am a Boomer with a very different perspective. Having paid much attention to the impacts of various administrations…and more-so of Congress, I see the current world as near necessary. Not because I like him, but because he represents a change unwelcomed by the “Party”. (R&D…it is one party from my perspective)
Hillary wasn’t what the average American was looking for. Status quo? Just say no. The problem was that Bernie had no way to beat her…politically or financially. Therefore, America got trumped.
I am all for change…a rare trait. Tighter term limits, balancing the budget, (even if it takes 50+ years) accountability? So much to write about. Is 45 the answer? Hell no, but his value is showing up by way of upsetting the balance of a system that has corrupted itself for much longer than I have lived.
Sanity for me? The enjoyment of life and a perspective that is constantly questioned by Dems and Reps, because it is eyes wide open.

Girlfriends have great value, regardless of your emotional preferences. I would assume something similar is true for guys, but having never been one, I wouldn’t know for sure. I just know that when things on a national scale blow off the chart (daily, if not hourly) it’s very helpful to have girlfriends who can help you focus on immediate issues you can impact – job, family, pets (is that redundant? Of course it is), local issues, home and hearth, creative hobbies, escapism (like denial, it has its value, as long as it’s under control), productive action, and oh, yesssss… the occasional shared glass of wine!

1 Like