WTF Community

What The Fuck Happened Over The Weekend?

Happy Independence Day, enjoy this year’s reading of the Declaration of Independence from NPR.

(David Bythewood) #667

Seattle protest: Two women seriously injured by car

Footage posted on Twitter showed a white car speeding along the highway, before swerving to avoid two stationary vehicles positioned as a roadblock, then hitting the two people.

Kavanaugh makes a quick decision today about allowing groups more than 50 in number to assemble that was asked to be limited by Illinios GOP. #PandemicTimes

https://twitter.com/stevenmazie/status/1279498204434833410?s=19

(David Bythewood) #669

I can’t help thinking Trump’s idiocy caused this.

Defying U.S., China and Iran Near Trade and Military Partnership

The investment and security pact would vastly extend China’s influence in the Middle East, throwing Iran an economic lifeline and creating new flash points with the United States.

(David Bythewood) #670

‘I am nobody’s NEGRO.’ Black radio host responds after Roger Stone heard making a racial slur

• President Trump’s former adviser Roger Stone appeared to use a racial slur while on-air with Black radio show host Morris W. O’Kelly from “The Mo’Kelly Show.”
  • In one moment during the interview, after he was asked about how Trump commuted his sentence, Stone can be heard muttering: “I don’t really feel like arguing with this Negro.”
  • After being asked to repeat himself, Stone insisted that he didn’t use any racial slur, telling O’Kelly: “You’re out of your mind.”
  • The radio show host later tweeted: “Hey everyone. I heard what I heard. The audio is the audio…I am nobody’s NEGRO.”

This tweet has the audio. He definitely and clearly said it.
https://twitter.com/michaelharriot/status/1284698686983987202

He’s a criminal, who should be in jail right now. :unamused: but instead, we get to hear stories like this one. So fucking gross.

(David Bythewood) #672

Yup. I added a link to a tweet at the bottom of that post with the audio. It is very, very blatant. And when called on it Stone goes totally silent.

This site has the full interview. The slur comes at 13:00. For 45 seconds after host tried to get a response. You can hear Stone sighing in the background, then he comes back pretending he couldn’t hear him, then when he finally answers he gaslights the host and denies it.