WTF Community

šŸ—³ 2020 Primary Election

This is a blast from Sen Harris, who will pick apart Trump, and his response to the pandemic,
and she takes a stance for the ugly murders of black men by the police, and supports all the peaceful protestors. She says T is guilty of negligenceā€¦ and not protecting the American people.

She is the voice we need to knock T off his message/game. Sheā€™s a tough VP nominee.

Democratic vice presidential nominee Sen. Kamala Harris blasted President Donald Trump for failing to protect Americans from the coronavirus pandemic.

Harris charged that Trump ā€œcavedā€ when he needed ā€œto be toughā€ with the Chinese government over its refusal to share information about the virus.

Nearly 6 million Americans have been diagnosed with Covid-19 this year, and more than 180,000 Americans have died from the virus.

ā€œDonald Trump stood idly by and, folks, it was a deadly decision,ā€ Harris said in a blistering speech in advance of Trumpā€™s own address to the Republican National Convention on Thursday evening.

ā€œAll we needed was a competent president. One who was willing to listen, willing to lead, take responsibility, have a plan, do their job,ā€ the California senator said.

But ā€œDonald Trump has failed at the most basic and important job of a president of the United States,ā€ Harris said. ā€œItā€™s his obligation to protect us. Yet, he has failed miserably.ā€

4 Likes

Highlights from Day 3 of the 2020 RNC Convention

Thanks @matt

3 Likes

TONIGHT!!! -

Mary Trump on with Rachel Maddow/Joy Reid/Nicolle Wallace for GOP coverage ā€¦5pm PST/8pm EST

Howā€™s that for counter programming/narrative?

https://wsiltv.com/2020/08/27/msnbc-tweaks-trump-by-inviting-niece-mary-to-convention-show/

The final night of GOP convention coverage will be a family night for President Donald Trump, although not one that he will entirely like. MSNBC says a guest on its coverage will be Mary Trump, the presidentā€™s niece, who wrote an unflattering book about her uncle that came out this summer. The Nielsen company estimates that 17.3 million people watched the third night of the convention Wednesday. President Trump wonā€™t like that either, since 22.8 million watched the same night of the Democratic convention last week. Democrats have outdrawn Republicans on two of the three nights so far.

3 Likes

Watch: 2020 Republican National Convention, Day 4

(Oh shit, thereā€™s more of this?:persevere:)

https://youtu.be/t0SS9jjaU6E?list=PLU12uITxBEPErV_oibdYhc4JuuToM-BVZ

2 Likes

3 Likes

Kismetā€¦me too.

At least 19 former top Trump administration officials in total have broken publicly with their former boss in one form or another, according to a POLITICO count, and several have already lent their names to various Republicans-for-Biden efforts. Not all of them have said they will vote for Democratic nominee Joe Biden ā€” former national security adviser John Bolton, for instance, says he will pull the lever for an unspecified third person. It amounts to a never-before-seen wave of defections of people who have denounced him or his policies or criticized his character in other ways.

But the potential pool of opposition within the presidentā€™s ranks is much larger, according to interviews with more than a dozen current and former senior Trump officials. Anthony Scaramucci, for one ā€” Trumpā€™s short-lived former White House communications director ā€” claimed he has talked to 20 former White House and administration officials who plan to vote for Biden but donā€™t want to speak publicly to avoid getting hit by Trump on Twitter.

ā€œAnybody of substance is voting for Biden,ā€ he said. ā€œAnybody who has an IQ of over 100 and has worked for Donald Trump, with the exception of Steve Bannon, is not voting for him.ā€ (In early August, Trump tweeted that Scaramucci was ā€œa foolā€ and ā€œa loser who begged to come back.ā€)

The interviews revealed a widespread feeling among Trump alums that he will not be re-elected. Some, like Scaramucci, are rooting for the president to lose. Others are critical of a campaign operation they see as flailing. What unites them all is shared skepticism that Trump can overcome the publicā€™s harsh assessment of his management of the pandemic, which has now killed more than 180,000 Americans and has driven millions into poverty and deprivation.

One word that repeatedly came up when Trump alums were asked to describe his reelection prospects: ā€œpessimistic.ā€

ā€œI think people are starting to worry,ā€ said a former senior administration official. Another Trump administration alum predicts ā€œa total wipeout.ā€

3 Likes

Iā€™m so tired and numb, does anyone have any reflections on what we just saw this past year?

How was your primary?

3 Likes

How incompetent do you have to be to NOT lock down the domain for your re-election slogan?

Biden snags ā€˜Keep America Greatā€™ domain in latest act of Trump trolling

The Democratā€™s campaign recently learned the web domain was available and snagged it.

4 Likes

My primary was really weird. It was a caucus with ranked-choice absentee voting, and it was super strange. It actually wasnā€™t a bad set of rules, decently thought out except for the fact that explaining some nuanced rules to 30 people who donā€™t want to be there and just want to tell you their thing and go home is a big challenge. And if you manage, chances are 2/3 of them still wonā€™t really understand ā€œstand here if you like this person and stand here if you like this personā€ and will just keep yelling at you until you tell them they can go home.

Itā€™s all been a circus though, there just arenā€™t very many people in my real life that I can sit down and have a conversation about any of this with who arenā€™tā€¦ volatile.

5 Likes

I feel that. Why Iā€™m here, so I donā€™t bug the people around me with my news and politics obsession. Some arguments arenā€™t worth having with people you care about if you want to retain the relationship.

My primary was vote by mail and the person I voted for dropped out after I mailed my ballot. After seeing the choices left, I was undecided, so I didnā€™t request a correction to recast my vote. Kinda sucked. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

***hulksmashes :100: ***

Not too sure I have any more apt reflections than those :joy: :woozy_face:
Itā€™s kinda weird b/c I have spent so long in an absolute rage-fest in every cell of my body, then a few months ago kinda went weird-deadly-calm, and I donā€™t know what that means for the future journeyā€¦??

Itā€™s pretty fucking surreal to witness the chaos of collapsing systems, and part of me is maybe even excited (I donā€™t know why I feel a vague sense of guilt about having a happy-ish feeling in the midst of all the horror) about what millennials and gen z are gonna break apart and rebuild.

Itā€™s like the death of one thing and a birth of another and justā€¦fuck! Iā€™m not a warrior or image-setter, but I know that I fit into the healer/counselor/helper/whatever group of folks for the during- and aftermath and so Iā€™m just in awe of the front-liners, that work is intense.

5 Likes

Yes, to the above.
It is mind-bendingly hard to get my head around this administrationā€¦so WTFJHT has been a salvation that way. I avoid those conflicts and do not bring up politics in general except w/ close friends.

Primaries here were a bit confusing with new voting machines and no one knew how to run them, except the smart tech guy. Glad to be doing VOTE BY MAILā€¦

3 Likes

Military is NOT getting involved with any voting disputeā€¦Good.

WASHINGTON (AP) ā€” The U.S. armed forces will have no role in carrying out the election process or resolving a disputed vote, the top U.S. military officer told Congress in comments released Friday.

The comments from Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, underscore the extraordinary political environment in America, where the president has declared without evidence that the expected surge in mail-in ballots will make the vote ā€œinaccurate and fraudulent,ā€ and has suggested he might not accept the election results if he loses.

Trumpā€™s repeated complaints questioning the electionā€™s validity have triggered unprecedented worries about the potential for chaos surrounding the election results. Some have speculated that the military might be called upon to get involved, either by Trump trying to use it to help his reelection prospects or as, Democratic challenger Joe Biden has suggested, to remove Trump from the White House if he refuses to accept defeat. The military has adamantly sought to tamp down that speculation and is zealously protective of its historically nonpartisan nature.

ā€œI believe deeply in the principle of an apolitical U.S. military,ā€ Milley said in written responses to several questions posed by two Democratic members of the House Armed Services Committee. ā€œIn the event of a dispute over some aspect of the elections, by law U.S. courts and the U.S. Congress are required to resolve any disputes, not the U.S. military. I foresee no role for the U.S armed forces in this process.ā€

5 Likes

Re-cap of the 2020 RNC Convention day 4

Thanks @matt

3 Likes

And that concludes the 2020 Primaries. On to the General Election, Iā€™m going to leave this open for anyone who wants to share a reflection or an experience from the Primary but otherwise please post on our new General Election thread. :point_down:

5 Likes

Oh thank God.

2 Likes

:eyes:

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2020 General Election - Trump vs Biden

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2020 General Election - Trump vs Biden