WTF Community

🗳 2020 Primary Election

Video - Trump Interrupted.

3 Likes

Powerful line-up - Progressive, centrist and heavy hitters are going to be there.

2 Likes

BIDEN/HARRIS IS A REALITY!

VB%20Anim%20Flame%20Heart%20VoteBlue%202

4 Likes

Confirmed!

3 Likes

4 Likes

:pushpin: Just wanted to re-up this thread from the early days here in the WTF community forum. Honest vetting from real democratic voters. :hugs:

3 Likes

Now this Kamala VP announcement has been made, speculation now on who might replace her, and appointed by Gov. Gavin Newsom should they hopefully get to the WH.

Rep Adam Schiff’s name is being circulated now. But he could be AG in the Biden-Harris adminstration.

Hey now…a double win.

3 Likes

Highlights and reasons why Sen Harris was chosen from NBC reporter

4 Likes

Donald Trump Attacks Kamala Harris As “Nasty” And “Disrespectful,” But He Also Contributed To Her Past Campaign

Donald Trump said that Kamala Harris, the presumptive Democratic vice presidential nominee, called her “nasty” for the way that she questioned Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and said that he was surprised that Joe Biden picked her as his running mate.

“I was surprised that he picked her,” Trump told reporters on Tuesday. “I have been watching her for a long time. I was a little surprised. She was extraordinarily nasty to Brett Kavanaugh — Judge Kavanaugh then, now Justice Kavanaugh. She was nasty to a level that was just a horrible thing the way she treated now-Justice Kavanaugh, and I won’t forget that soon.”

He also called her “the meanest” and “disrespectful.”

But that is a contrast to what Trump has said previously about Harris. Two weeks ago, he told a reporter that she would be a “fine choice.” Last year, shortly after she launched her campaign, he offered some light praise, sizing up her campaign launch as better than other Democrats.

Trump also has been a Harris campaign donor. He gave $1,000 to her campaign in 2013 and $5,000 in 2011, when she was still California attorney general and raising money for re-election. Trump’s daughter, Ivanka, also gave $2,000 in 2013. Harris’s presidential campaign said that she donated Trump’s $6,000 to an immigration group in 2015.

During his press conference, he also attacked Harris as “the most liberal person in the U.S. Senate, and I thought that Biden would try to stay away from that a bit, because with what they are doing with open borders and sanctuary cities …with all the things that they are doing, I would have thought it would have gone a different way.”

At his press conference, Trump also reaffirmed his support for Vice President Mike Pence, calling him “fantastic.”

Shortly after Biden’s campaign announced Harris as the VP pick, the Trump campaign quickly got up a web ad calling her a “phony” (watch it below). “He is handing over the reins to Kamala while they jointly embrace the radical left,” a narrator says.

As Trump wrapped up his White House press conference, reporters asked him about his donations to Harris. He did not answer.

Trump whining that Kamala Harris was “nasty” to rapist frat boy Brett Kavanaugh, as well as “disrespectful” and “the meanest” just makes me love her more.

And Donnie scurrying away when asked about his contributions to her past runs is even funnier.

5 Likes

This R candidate, and QAnon believer, Majorie Tarlor Greene got through the primary and will be running in Georgia this fall. It will be interesting to see how this fringe, Trump republican does, particularly with a 14 point lead in the final runoff.

In Georgia, Ms. Greene defeated John Cowan, a neurosurgeon who is no less conservative or pro-Trump, according to The Associated Press, holding a lead of roughly 15 percentage points early Wednesday. The result is likely to unsettle mainstream Republicans, who have sought to publicly distance themselves from QAnon supporters running for congressional office this cycle even as they quietly support some of them.

3 Likes

Something to look forward to…bigly.:grin:

NYTimes: Kamala Harris Is the Future, So Mike Pence May Well Be History

https://nyti.ms/3kBvifi

Already, I am dreaming of the debate.

There’s Mike Pence, white of hair as well as cheek, his demeanor more starched than his dress shirt, his smile so tight it’s the twin of a grimace. He represents more than the Trump administration, God help him. He represents an America that’s half memory, half myth.

And there’s Kamala Harris — younger, blacker and more buoyant. She’s only the fourth woman on the presidential ticket of one of the country’s two major political parties and she’s the first woman of color. She represents an America that’s evolving, fitfully, toward equal opportunity and equal justice.

Under her gaze, Pence has to defend a racist, sexist president. As he watches helplessly, Harris gets to talk about how that racism and sexism feel to a Black woman like her. This isn’t any ordinary clash of perspectives and philosophies. It’s an extraordinary collision of life experiences.

And that’s exactly what Joe Biden wants.

Throughout his campaign for the presidency, Biden has defined himself as the opposite of President Trump in experience and earnestness and as the antidote to Trump in how he sees America and what he values about it. He has used his choice of a running mate to hammer home that last bit.

Harris is a distinguished public servant with a résumé — U.S. senator from California, state attorney general — unquestionably suited to this exhilarating and daunting opportunity, which she has earned. She is also an agent of contrast, emphasizing the difference between the Republican ticket and the Democratic one, between Trump’s politics of division and Biden’s politics of inclusion.

But even as she affirms Biden’s orientation toward the future, she reflects his appreciation of his own past. She enables him, for a second time, to be part of a presidential ticket that sets a precedent and blazes a trail. It’s almost as if he’s trying to recreate the established magic, to repurpose the victorious script.

She brings to that ticket some of the balance that presidential candidates typically want their running mates to bring. Biden is 77. She’s 55. Biden is East Coast. She’s West Coast. Biden is a white guy, like all but four of the major-party presidential or vice-presidential nominees before Harris. She’s not.

And oh, can she be nimble and fierce. That’s what Biden learned in that tense primary debate, cheap shot or no cheap shot. That’s what Jeff Sessions, Brett Kavanaugh and William Barr learned when they appeared before Senate committees and endured her grilling.

That’s what I hope and trust Pence will learn on Oct. 7, at the University of Utah, where the sole vice-presidential debate is scheduled to take place. A man who reputedly doesn’t like to eat alone with any woman other than his wife — it looks weird and is a recipe for trouble — will face off against a woman who’s big trouble indeed. I suspect she’ll have him for breakfast.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Biden video.

Whoa.

2 Likes

VP Biden & Sen. Harris Presser now
Excellent first foray into the public sphere - VP Biden and Sen Harris - showing us strength, hope and ‘possibilities.’

WOW!!!

Adding

1 Like

I don’t have time to sit to much for quite a while today, I guess they’re acting as a good team so far?

2 Likes

Yes. They are simpatico…both are being heartfelt, articulate and taking the mantle…

They as a team are a strong (and hopefully formidable) team. :us:

2 Likes

Oh yes. I am watching them now, and they’re strong. It’s a really good thing to watch.

2 Likes

Watch: Joe Biden Introduces Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) As Running Mate

3 Likes

FiveThirtyEight has gotten a bad rap…BUT I like this statistic for Biden as winner.

1 Like

I’ll cheer when the Post Office works again.

2 Likes