WTF Community

Action Committee?

Hi There! I’ve been a subscriber of WTFJHT since Day 2 (probably, though it could’ve been Day 1). During this last +450 days, I’ve been slowly, quietly wondering how to be most effective in countering the Trump Administration. After lurking on this forum for a little while, I thought I’d pose the question: who here is interested in setting up some sort of Action Committee? (I checked out the ‘Action’ section of this forum, and it’s not too active and not quite the action I have in mind, so I thought I’d post the question here in the general discussion area.)

Thanks!

What were you thinking?

2 Likes

A lot of my work in the last few years has been in behavior change, getting people to alter the habits, views, and ways of thinking. (Not coincidentally, this is what my graduate studies focused on too). So I’ve been wondering what can be done to counter Trump and engage with ‘the other side’ in ways that are thought-provoking. I admit, it’s not easy!

Trump is reportedly planning to travel the country to campaign for his allies. Now, by nature, protesting is antagonistic. Protesting Trump only causes his supporters to dig in to their positions. So what are some ways to get people to think differently?

These are some of the things I’ve been mulling over. I have a couple ideas and will write them out and share them later today or tomorrow.

Thanks!

LCLMT, you’re right its not easy, especially since no one seems to want to think about the root causes. Please take a couple moments to read these, they might interest you. The feedback I receive is next to nothing, but looking around its not surprising. If you think there’s something you can work with, I’m game, lets try.

Intellectually Confronting Faith-Based thinking and Dogma Driven Deceptions - ColoradoDemocraticAssembly 2018 (April 13, 2018) Confronting Science Contrarians: Intellectually Confronting Faith-Based thinking and Dogma Driven Deceptions - ColoradoDemocraticAssembly 2018

If you find that interesting, I might add the following from another blog I’ve got.
November 14, 2017
“An Earth-Centrist’s 14 VERSES, memes courier version, nov 9th, 2017”
Hideous title that one is. ‘Our Dysfunctional Climate Science Dialogue in 14 verses’ would have been much better
What'sUpWithThatWatts, et al.: An Earth-Centrist's 14 VERSES, memes courier version, nov 9th, 2017
Others you’ll find at that blog.
March 12, 2018
Greenman, Rahmstorf - “Red Team” Kelly killed it. Opportunities missed, it’s a shame.
March 1, 2018
This Is What Democracy Looks Like - Breen LandUseCode Community Meeting
January 21, 2018
“12) Faith-based Thinking: God or EGO?” - GOP’s hate-on for Pluralism