WTF Community

🔍 All things Mueller - What we know he has on Trump 'n Co

Excellent 3 min. summary of Barr’s disgraceful performance before the Senate Judicary Committee.

2 Likes

Hilary Clinton on Rachel Maddow said the same thing!

2 Likes

Interesting details from the FBI counterintelligence operation “Crossfire Hurricane” or as Trump called it “Spygate”.

Here’s a teaser

The conversation at a London bar in September 2016 took a strange turn when the woman sitting across from George Papadopoulos, a Trump campaign adviser, asked a direct question: Was the Trump campaign working with Russia?

The woman had set up the meeting to discuss foreign policy issues. But she was actually a government investigator posing as a research assistant, according to people familiar with the operation. The F.B.I. sent her to London as part of the counterintelligence inquiry opened that summer to better understand the Trump campaign’s links to Russia.

The American government’s affiliation with the woman, who said her name was Azra Turk, is one previously unreported detail of an operation that has become a political flash point in the face of accusations by President Trump and his allies that American law enforcement and intelligence officials spied on his campaign to undermine his electoral chances. Last year, he called it“Spygate.”

The decision to use Ms. Turk in the operation aimed at a presidential campaign official shows the level of alarm inside the F.B.I. during a frantic period when the bureau was trying to determine the scope of Russia’s attempts to disrupt the 2016 election, but could also give ammunition to Mr. Trump and his allies for their spying claims.

4 Likes

For what it’s worth:

I have nothing but contempt for Barr. However, if this sourcing is correct, his narrative that Mueller should testify will severely undermine Trump efforts to the contrary.

3 Likes

Yes…I have been watching what everyone is saying whether Mueller can testify and Barr did openly say he can. However Mueller’s testimony could potentially be curbed perhaps IF he was a DOJ employee.

I am hearing via MSNBC legal pundits that they believe Mueller will be leaving the DOJ shortly, which would free himself up from any DOJ rules. I believe that Mueller wants to defend his position, but will not rock the boat too much in terms of recommending whether he thinks T is guilty or should be impeached. Mueller is a by-the-book kind of lawyer…someone on MSNBC, Betsy Woodruff/Daily Beast referred to him as “Boy Scout-like” when it comes to sticking to the rules.

Even Fox’s Legal eagle Napolatano is saying the same thing…

NAPOLITANO: Bob Mueller can negate all of this by resigning from the DOJ, saying my job is over. Then he’s a private citizen and nobody can stop him.

3 Likes

@Pet_Proletariat

Washington Post

Trump would have been charged with obstruction were he not president, hundreds of former federal prosecutors assert

The number of former federal prosecutors who signed this statement was 370 when @Pet_Proletariat posted the announcement just 11 hours ago. According to Huffington Post, that number has shot up to 560!

Here’s the statement and list of signatories. The total is shown at the bottom of the list (# of records). Since I started writing this, six more former prosecutors added their names – we’re now at 566.

3 Likes

Developing story… I’m sure we’ll be hearing more about this as analysts pour over the new reasons given for redactions.

The Department of Justice on Monday released a new version of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on Russian meddling in the 2016 election and President Donald Trump’s campaign, shedding light on why significant portions of the 448-page document were redacted before it was released to the public earlier this month.

The new version was released by the Department of Justice in response to a Freedom of Information Act request and a subsequent lawsuit filed by BuzzFeed News and separately by the Electronic Privacy and Information Center.

Go Buzzfeed! Go EPIC! :mag_right: :muscle:

Here’s one example of how this updated version sheds additional light on the report while also raising new questions:

…on page 9 of volume one of the version of the report Barr released last month, DOJ explained that a couple of sentences related to Trump’s former personal attorney and fixer Michael Cohen are redacted because it would cause “harm to ongoing matter” if details were released. But the copy of the report DOJ released Monday further explains that the sentences were redacted because it relates to an ongoing investigation; “pertains to records or information compiled for law enforcement purposes, the release of which would deprive a person of a right to a fair trial or an impartial adjudication”; and personal privacy.

For Mueller Report sleuths, here’s the new version.

4 Likes

Update: The total keeps climbing – it’s now 735!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

An associate of Roger Stone has agreed to testify to special counsel Robert Mueller’s grand jury on Friday morning, his attorney and a Mueller prosecutor said in a court hearing before a federal judge.

The development shows parts of the Mueller investigation related to interference in the 2016 presidential election – and the grand jury’s work – may still be alive.

Andrew Miller, Stone’s associate, has fought testifying as he has challenged Mueller’s authority since last summer after Mueller’s team requested information from him about Roger Stone and WikiLeaks. Miller was held in contempt by Chief Judge Beryl Howell in Washington but will not be sent to jail at this time, the judge said. He lost his attempts at appeal. He did not attend the hearing Wednesday. …

It’s not known why Miller’s testimony is still needed by a grand jury examining potential criminal charges, especially since Mueller has announced his work is done and both Stone and Assange have been indicted.

The whole Miller thing is a total mystery. :thinking:

4 Likes
3 Likes

:point_up:Fantastic video in that link. :eyes:Everyone should watch.

2 Likes

Pt 2 of Mueller Report review - watch video (5 part series this week)

1 Like

Am I the only one who thinks the Republican computers were hacked at the same time? It’s not logical to not gather info from as many places as possible.

1 Like

yes, those facts were uncovered and talked about - the RNC was hacked…but nothing was leaked.

2 Likes

Thanks. I had missed that!

1 Like

Mueller Report - Part 3 on PBS Newshour

• President Donald Trump:

And, in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story.

• Lisa Desjardins:

Now, many held that interview up as a clear admission that the president fired Comey to obstruct the Russia investigation.

But Mueller’s report says the full NBC interview actually showed the opposite. On page 74: "The president stated that he understood when he made the decision to fire Comey that the action might prolong the investigation."

3 Likes

@dragonfly9

These videos are on YouTube too. When they finish the series we should do a Mueller Report post with all of them in a row for other readers to watch. YouTube links are watchable in thread on this platform. What do you think?

Here’s the playlist so far

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgawtcOBBjr8LtPjyz9MfbjloDyaaz0CU

4 Likes

Great idea @Pet_Proletariat - you are a superb keeper of facts AND a fantastic organizer of data that we need to keep apprised of.

Thank you. :grinning:

2 Likes