WTF Community

Day 1199

1/ Trump refused to unconditionally accept the results of the 2024 presidential election if he doesn’t win. In an interview with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Trump said he was prepared “to fight for the right of the country” – an echo to his speech on the Ellipse on Jan. 6, where he urged his supporters to “fight like hell” and march to the Capitol. “If everything’s honest,” Trump added, “I’ll gladly accept the results.” In 2020, Wisconsin was one of several states where Trump and his allies attempted to undermine election results through baseless accusations of widespread fraud. Nevertheless, Trump repeated his lie that he beat Biden in Wisconsin, saying: “If you go back and look at all of the things that had been found out, it showed that I won the election in Wisconsin. It also showed I won the election in other locations.” (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel / Reuters / NBC News / CNN / New York Times / Rolling Stone)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2024/05/02/day-1199/
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.