WTF Community

Day 1334

1/ Political appointees at the Department of Health and Human Services repeatedly demanded that the CDC revise or delay weekly scientific reports on the coronavirus pandemic that they believed were unflattering to Trump. Officials characterized the effort by Michael Caputo and Paul Alexander as an attempt to intimidate the authors and water down the reports, which are written to update scientists and public health experts on trends in infectious diseases, including the coronavirus. In one email to CDC Director Robert Redfield and other senior officials, Alexander accused CDC scientists of trying to “hurt the president” with the reports, which he referred to as “hit pieces on the administration” because they didn’t align with Trump’s optimistic message about the outbreak. (Politico / New York Times)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2020/09/14/day-1334/
3 Likes

We’re 50 days from the election and one of my favorite things about voting in-person is getting a “I Voted” sticker. In 2020, however, a lot of people will be voting by mail because of the coronavirus pandemic and won’t receive their coveted proof of civic responsibility this year.

So, as an incentive to get you to vote, I’ve printed a few thousand limited edition WTFJHT x “I voted” stickers.

They’re also free.

Just fill out this form and I’ll send you a couple. Feel free to share this with friends and family.

-MATT

3 Likes

Roger Stone calls for Trump to seize total power if he loses the election

Roger Stone is making baseless accusations of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election and is urging Donald Trump to consider several draconian measures to stay in power, including having federal authorities seize ballots in Nevada, having FBI agents and Republican state officials “physically” block voting under the pretext of preventing voter fraud, using martial law or the Insurrection Act to carry out widespread arrests, and nationalizing state police forces.

3 Likes

Trump makes four false claims in one sentence

“Was Andy McCabe ever forced to pay back the $700,000 illegally given to him and his wife, for his wife’s political campaign, by Crooked Hillary Clinton while Hillary was under FBI investigation, and McCabe was the head of the FBI???”

3 Likes

trees that are far more explosive than they have in California, and we don’t have any problem.

…hwaet?

Explosive trees? (deadpan:) Man. If they really have those, they can keep 'em. And if they “don’t have any problem” with them then how can you even tell they’re “explosive” in the first place?

I just.

5 Likes

S.D.'s Attorney General Fatally Strikes Man With Car, Says He Thought He Hit A Deer

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

It’s funny how much a grown-ass adult still enjoys a sticker as an incentive. In California (or at least in my county) they include them with the mail-in ballots!

5 Likes