WTF Community

Day 1446

1/ Trump pressured Georgia’s secretary of state to “find” him enough votes to overturn the state’s presidential election results. Trump told Brad Raffensperger in an hourlong phone call, which also included Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and legal advisers, “We have won the election in Georgia based on all of this. And there’s nothing wrong with saying that, Brad.” Raffensperger pushed back, telling Trump “the challenge that you have is, the data you have is wrong.” Trump, however, continued to push his debunked theories of election fraud, like “stuffed ballot boxes,” and, at one point said: “So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state.” Trump later added: “So what are we going to do here, folks? I only need 11,000 votes. Fellas, I need 11,000 votes. Give me a break.” At one point, Trump warned that Raffensperger was taking “a big risk” by not pursuing his false claims and threatened him with “a criminal offense.” Throughout the call, Trump repeated that “There’s no way I lost Georgia […] There’s no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes.” Trump lost to Biden by 11,779 votes. Since the election, there have been 18 attempted calls from the White House to the Georgia secretary of state’s office. (Washington Post / Atlanta Journal-Constitution / New York Times / NPR / Politico)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2021/01/04/day-1446/
2 Likes

DC is taking proactive steps to stem the Proud Boy’s presence in DC, but arresting the head Enrique Tarrio for burning a Black Lives Matter banner at a historic Black church in DC.

The leader of the Proud Boys, Enrique Tarrio, was arrested by D.C. police Monday afternoon on a warrant charging him with burning a Black Lives Matter banner taken from a historic Black church during a demonstration last month, officials said.

Police stopped a vehicle Tarrio had been in shortly after it entered the District, said Dustin Sternbeck, a D.C. police spokesman**. He said it is believed that Tarrio, who lives in Miami, was coming into the District from the airport**.

Sternbeck said Tarrio is charged with one misdemeanor count of destruction of property in connection with the Dec. 12 burning of a banner stolen from Asbury United Methodist Church.

Tarrio had told The Washington Post last month that he was among those who burned the banner.

Police said Tarrio, who was in custody Monday evening, also was charged with two felony counts of possession of high-capacity ammunition feeding devices, which is a legal term for a magazine that allows guns to hold additional bullets. The devices were found during the arrest, police said.

Members of the Proud Boys, a male-chauvinist organization with ties to white nationalism, are planning a rally in the District on Wednesday in support of President Trump and his efforts to overturn the election he lost to Joe Biden.

The church banner was ripped down after a similar rally last month.

1 Like

A new law tucked inside the National Defense Authorization Act requires federal agents to identify themselves to protesters.

New Law Requires Federal Agents to Identify Themselves to Protesters

Secret police forces patrolling our neighborhoods in response to protests is unacceptable.

2 Likes

Good news.

1 Like

There will be a stand down we hope…when Trump leaves the WH.

1 Like

@dragonfly9 like this response to that post:

3 Likes

Iran Issues Interpol Arrest Request For President Trump Over Top Military Assassination

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.