WTF Community

Day 187

1/ Senate Republicans secured the 51 votes needed to advance their health care bill after Pence cast the tie-breaking vote. The Senate will now begin debating, amending, and ultimately voting in the coming days on the future of Obamacare. The vote was too close to call until the last moments, when several Republican holdouts announced their support, including Rand Paul, Dean Heller, Rob Portman, and Shelley Moore Capito. Senators Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski both voted against the motion to proceed. (New York Times / Washington Post / CNN)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/07/25/day-187/

Not every story makes the big blog; some are minor, others get missed, overshadowed by other news. Many can be found in these forums, though.

3 Likes

Today was fucked up. There, I said it.

3 Likes

Susan Collins Mocks Blake Farenthold on Hot Mic | Time Why isn’t this listed for July 25th, 2017?

Oh good we can swear, everyone has been so polite so far I used an asterisk earlier but fuck that let’s dig in lol.
Yeah it was a little difficult holding in my frustration with yesterday. Which is saying something bc it’s been a bad struggle for far too many days now.

1 Like