WTF Community

Day 210

1/ Trump is "sad" that "our beautiful statues and monuments" to the Confederacy are being taken down. He tweeted that we're seeing "our history and culture of our great country being ripped apart." (Associated Press / Washington Post / New York Times)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/08/17/day-210/

I think the fact that this was done intentionally is still speculation, especially since CNN’s sources confirming it was intentional earlier said that Bannon didn’t know. However – while still speculation, I believe he did do the interview intentionally (especially after reading Devil’s Bargain).

And as the author of the article said ” This is also puzzling, since Steve Bannon is not exactly Bambi when it comes to dealing with the press. He’s probably the most media-savvy person in America.” And Kurt Bardella (former Breitbart spokesman) all but confirmed it too.

Frankly, not surprised here – at least people know where Putin’s loyalties are it. Whereas some people still buy into Trump’s gas lighting (supporters and opponents alike).

Thank you for the link to the Apple statement.

poll/ 40% of Americans support impeaching Trump and removing him from office. That’s compared to 30 percent who said the same in February

So in another 6 months we might hit 50%? I can’t wait that long.

72% of female Trump supporters say they will never change their support.

Come on! This admin is not going to work in their best interest.

2 Likes

Bannon must have something on Trump - he seems to be untouchable.

The fact that Trump even has female supporters, not to mention people of racially diverse heritage, or persons of varied gender and/or sexual identity simply mystifies me. He insults, degrades and marginalizes everyone except white heterosexual males, and even they have to agree vocally with his policies to escape scorn. I have not, in my lifetime, ever seen the country so divided. I fully expect one day to read a Tweet saying he’s signed an executive order to rescind the Constitution because “it’s a bad deal for America”. You know, like the Paris Climate Accords, The Affordable Care Act and NAFTA, all of which he doesn’t like. and yes, I realize he can’t do that, but I’ll bet you HE doesn’t

I can’t imagine that Bannon will exit gracefully. But maybe I’ll be surprised…

And, here’s the WTF update on it…

1 Like

I will definitely check it out. Thanks!

Yeah, I should soften the language. It’s speculation.

1 Like

Sounding less untouchable by the minute…

I highly recommend reading Devil’s Bargain that just came out, by Joshua Green.

72% of his female supporters- that makes me more than sad. It baffles me.

1 Like