WTF Community

Day 243

1/ Paul Manafort was wiretapped following an FBI investigation in 2014, and the surveillance continued through this year (albeit interrupted). A Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant was originally granted for Manafort's work for the former Ukrainian government and later discontinued due to lack of evidence. A second FISA warrant—concerning the Russia investigation—was obtained at some point last year. The details of the recorded communications have been provided to special counsel Robert Mueller. (CNN)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/09/19/day-243/

The Senate Intelligence Committee is not messing around anymore.

The committee will now subpoena Cohen, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told NBC News.

1 Like

Statements like these are why Trump is so dangerous. We never know when he’s serious, exaggerating, or flat out lying. The rhetoric he laid out at the UN would be scary from any other president but with this guy, it’s terrifying. To use a quotable phrase, “What does he mean when he says words?” It would seem the world still has no fucking clue.

Just to be clear: The president of the United States threatened to wipe a country of 25 million people off the map.

3 Likes

I saw a tweet quoting a line from this AP article about his UN speech, that literally scared the crap out of me that I haven’t brought myself to read the whole thing yet.

World leaders, many of whom were seeing Trump in person for the first time, were certain to take the measure of the man and parse his every word for clues on how he views the U.S. role in the world.

1 Like

@seabass I still haven’t watched it in full…just clips. I don’t think I could bring myself to watch the whole thing!

I saw the clip where he talked about the Iran deal being an "embarrassment"and that he didnt “think you’ve heard the last of it”. Like he is seriously treating our country like its his own personal reality game show. :rage:

1 Like

John Kelly during the UN Speech

3 Likes

Who can blame him…SMH.

1 Like

Whoa. Cohen will now be interviewed in a OPEN hearing.

I feel with all this nonsense flying at once, small little nuggets of info (that are big) keep getting missed.

2 Likes

Per CNN, Michael Cohen’s hearing is scheduled for October 25. :popcorn: time!

2 Likes

@mouseam The UN speech was too much! I’ve been popping Tums since this morning. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like