WTF Community

Day 271

Updated 10/17/2017 10:43 AM PDT

1/ John McCain condemned Trump's "America First" policy as "half-baked, spurious nationalism" and charged that Trump would "rather find scapegoats than solve problems." McCain's remarks came as he was honored with the Liberty Medal by the National Constitution Center. While he didn't refer to Trump or his administration by name, McCain added that it's unpatriotic to "abandon the ideals we have advanced around the globe" and to "refuse the obligations of international leadership." (CNN / Washington Post)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/10/17/day-271/
1 Like

Welllll…this was unexpected. Many didn’t think his latest ban would have standing in the courts and not get blocked.

1 Like

I overlooked this today, because I thought it was a repeat from yesterday. However, yesterday was about the House Intelligence Committee and this is about the Mueller investigation.

The cybersecurity expert, Matt Tait, is the guy who wrote The Time I Got Recruited to Collude with the Russians earlier in the summer (he is also a great Twitter follow!)

PS: deleted my Spicey reply, I missed that it was already in today’s update. :pensive:

Let’s share news for Day 272 of WTFJHT?

Here’s my addition.

Trump reportedly told the widow of one of the four soldiers killed in Niger her husband "knew what he signed up for”

A Congresswoman Is “Livid” With How Trump Spoke To A Military Widow

Feel free to add more links to help everyone at WTFJHT out with their posts.

1 Like

@TPFNewsLive thanks for sharing the article! I moved it here since it was published on Oct 17 (day 271). Matt will make sure we get a fresh day 272 in a few short most-likely-anxiety-filled hours. :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Add more links to help everyone at WTFJHT out with their posts? Go to Amy Siskind’s List at Medium.com because she does a profoundly massive job at tracking every broken norm. Week 48: Experts in authoritarianism advise to keep a list of things subtly changing around you, so you’ll remember. | by Amy Siskind | Medium