WTF Community

Day 273

Updated 10/19/2017 10:35 AM PDT

1/ George W. Bush all but called Trump a threat to democracy, saying "bigotry seems emboldened. Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication." He called bigotry "blasphemy against the American creed" and that the "identity of our nation depends on the passing of civic ideals to the next generation." He did not mention Trump by name. (Politico)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/10/19/day-273/
1 Like

Additional context here…Fusion GPS did sit for a lengthy interview with the Senate Judiciary Committee on 8/22.

1 Like

I guess Crooked Media isn’t solely Op-Eds anymore…. :grimacing:

Has drumpf ever taken the initiative to blame Russia for something? I mean I know he’s agreed that Russia meddled, etc., but that felt like lip service. This sounds like it’s coming from him like all his complaints against ppl who start to make his life difficult. Maybe I’m reading into that too much, it just seems a little weird to me.

Ok I know this might be a good thing in some respects (not to mention Internet privacy is a sticky subject all on its own anyway) but I get fucking angry at the hypocrisy of laws in place to anonymize donors to political campaigns.

1/ George W. Bush all but called Trump a threat to democracy, saying “bigotry seems emboldened. Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication.” He called bigotry “blasphemy against the American creed” and that the “identity of our nation depends on the passing of civic ideals to the next generation.” He did not mention Trump by name. (Politico)

It’s so hard to believe that W. is looking so much more reasonable now compared to 45! Thanks for sharing this, Matt.

1 Like

Oh W, can’t say I missed him…

https://youtu.be/cDHCXM9TujY

2 Likes

@matt As my Grandma would say, “same shit, different asshole”

4 Likes

Pet_​​Proletariat

Oh W, can’t say I missed him…

(YouTube)

The video is no longer available to see. What was in it?

@spacebarshift you seem to be focusing on replying to posts years in the past. while yes, we do keep an archive for historical purposes, you’re not really adding to a conversation that happened in the particular moment.

we’d love to hear your thoughts on what’s going on now, and if relevant information from the past applies please do bring that up in the conversation on more active and relevant posts!

1 Like

yeah… he was a total assclown too.

1 Like

Regulation will likely hurt the smaller players more than the giants. As a result, competition will get snuffed out and money will further consolidate in the hands of the few giants. At least that’s the usual pattern.