WTF Community

Day 274

Updated 10/20/2017 9:40 AM PDT

1/ The Senate approved its budget by a 51 to 49 vote. The spending blueprint will allow Republicans to use a procedural maneuver to pass tax reform in the Senate with just 50 votes while avoiding a Democratic filibuster. The House and Senate need to pass identical budgets in order for Republicans to sidestep the Senate’s typical 60-vote threshold for passage. Trump tweeted: "We got ZERO Democrat votes with only Rand Paul (he will vote for Tax Cuts) voting against. This now allows for the passage of large scale Tax Cuts (and Reform), which will be the biggest in the history of our country!" (New York Times / Washington Post / Politico)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/10/20/day-274/

As much as I’d like to include this bit about John Kelly-Congresswoman-White House war of words in today’s update, I’m just going to relegate it to the comments. It definitely warrants a quizzical what the fuck?, but it’s also deep in the weeds with palace intrigue. Over it.

If somebody wants to write-up a ~40-word summary, I’ll include it.

And then this shit gets better:

2 Likes

Summary:
A lot of highschool politics and name calling, distracting from the point that Trump handled the situation terribly and the main focus should be on him, not his detractors.

Seriously, even if Wilson had “grandstanded” about a memorial thing, that doesn’t excuse Trump in the slightest for his callous disregard, and the media shouldn’t be shifting the focus to this petty spat.

Much bigger news with the budget. That puts a pit in my stomach. I really don’t want to see the foxes in the henhouse digging in on this tax reform stuff that’s going to exacerbate the problems with our economy. Trickle down never worked, and this is exactly that.

4 Likes

I have no words…

1 Like

And… Fox airs fake news

1 Like

I just…:pensive:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/immigration/appeals-court-weighs-whether-immigrant-teen-can-be-denied-abortion-while-in-us-custody/2017/10/20/ab414d2a-b50c-11e7-9e58-e6288544af98_story.html?utm_term=.e8e170f934b8&wpisrc=al_alert-COMBO-politics%2Bnation&wpmk=1

2 Likes

…sure.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

He’s so delusional.

1 Like

What a cock up of a day. Again. Not really enjoying this news very much either:

I mean, wtf.

I do love this woman, however. :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Oh, a quarantine. How adorable … this little pile of vomit in my mouth.

1 Like