WTF Community

Day 279

Updated 10/25/2017 9:50 AM PDT

1/ Senate Republicans repealed a rule that allowed Americans to sue their banks and credit card companies in class-action lawsuits. Senators passed the measure by a vote of 50-50, with Pence breaking the tie. The Obama-era rule banned Wall Street banks and credit card companies from inserting arbitration clauses into contracts that prevented consumers from banding together to form class-action lawsuits. Democrats and consumer advocates called the effort a gift to financial institutions like Wells Fargo and Equifax. (New York Times / CNN)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/10/25/day-279/

They are dropping like flies.

I’m struggling with the data that 35% of our population still think trump is honest. How is that possible? What level of cognitive dissonance is needed for that?

1 Like

Two stories that didn’t make today’s update, but wanted to point out:

Inigo Montoya HONEST I had to make this myself, since I couldn’t fine one specific to the word “Honest.” It’s the only explanation I can think of to explain how 35% think Trump is honest. Anybody else got a theory on that?

I do not think the word “honest” means what they think it means, lol.

At LEAST numbers 1, 2, and 9 represent further erosion of the progress and justice we’ve achieved until now. And every day it seems there is more than one assault on our Democracy.

Trump is now 25 days late on implementing the Russia sanctions - with no explanation as to why.

1 Like