WTF Community

Day 284

Updated 10/30/2017 9:10 AM PDT

1/ Robert Mueller charged Paul Manafort and his associate Rick Gates in a 12-count indictment with conspiracy to launder more than $18 million, making false statements to the Justice Department, and other charges stemming from probes into possible Russian influence in US political affairs. The indictment of Manafort, Trump's form campaign chairman, and Gates focused on their work advising a pro-Russia party in Ukraine between 2006 to 2015, laundering money through 2016, and continuing the conspiracy against the U.S. in 2017. The charges – the first by Mueller – make no mention of Trump or Russian election meddling. (New York Times / Washington Post / Wall Street Journal)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/10/30/day-284/
3 Likes

Let the games begin!

Also, I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for all the work you’ve been doing. Thanks to this and a few other sources, I feel like I actually understand everything that has been happening with the administration and the investigation for the last several months. I’ve been contributing via Patreon. Keep up the great work!

5 Likes

That line will never stop being funny :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

:clap:t3: :clap:t3::clap:t3:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/10/30/federal-judge-blocks-enforcement-of-trumps-directive-banning-military-service-by-transgender-individuals/?wpmk=1&wpisrc=al_news__alert-politics--alert-national

I feel like this a daily thing lately, with the rate things are moving!

2 Likes

I love this web page, hope it’s not “fakenews” keep up the great work. If I could afford to live in this country, i would have already donated.

Just like repubs crying about emails. I guess crying about collusion with a foreign country who may not have colluded with existing president, but is so dirty that it was just assumed, he was that stupid. Not to mention his existing business relationships really put this guy into a bad light. I mean come on we all know everything he does really is just benefiting his bottom line. Tax cuts for the middle class but reducing Corp. Tax by 10 percent, when we all know most corps. Are off shoreing there taxes anyway to avoid paying their fair share. Puerto Rico was a tax shelter for the rich. That place being destroyed just put a flash light on it. We really should wake up.

1 Like

I’m glad somebody got the reference!

2 Likes

Sounds like they have manafort dead to rights on money laundering and intend to use that to flip him, let the confessions begin lol

1 Like

In my early morning haven’t had enough coffee brain all I could think about was how they got Al Capone on tax fraud.

2 Likes

Mega-thread breaking down allllll of Sarah Huckabee Sander’s lies from today’s press briefing.

3 Likes

That press briefing was comical. SAD.

2 Likes

It was actually maybe my favorite press briefing so far (perhaps even better than Spicey’s constant talking flubs or the Mooch’s 80s Guy routine). Mostly because the journalists in the room were really getting salty.

A few times folks asked, “So, the president promised he’d only hire the best people. Are Manafort and Gates really the best people? Really?”

And someone (Katy Tur, maybe?) pressed Sanders when she said Trump didn’t recall the March meeting with Papadopoulos, “But he likes to talk about how great his memory is…”

I laughed out loud at that one.

2 Likes

:joy: Sounds like Katy - but, I don’t think she is based in DC…

I think it was someone I’ve seen on NBC… but also not sure I know what Katy Tur looks like (cord-cutter and NBC comes in worst of the networks via antenna, so I tend to watch CBS mostly, especially since the 24 hr news network – CBSN – streams for free :smiley: ).

Pretty sure it was an NBC person, though. Maybe Hallie Jackson? :man_shrugging:

I only really know Katy because I read (well, listened) to her book. lol

And Playstation Vue + Apple TV’s got me covered - I pay for the one-up package, just bc I’d die without Maddow & Lawerence on MSNBC! (And they aren’t easy to find online for free!)

All the Docs from AP, I’m sure more will be added as they are made available to the public. Includes Papadopoulos’s plea deal.

1 Like

This makes me so happy to hear. Thanks for supporting this work!