WTF Community

Day 286

Updated 11/1/2017 9:48 AM PDT

1/ Trump did not dismiss the idea of meeting with Putin when it was suggested by George Papadopoulos in March 2016. "He didn't say yes and he didn't say no," according to a person in the room at the time. Jeff Sessions shot down the idea. However, in a July 2016 email to his Russian contact, Papadopoulos proposed a meeting in August or September between "my national chairman and maybe one other foreign policy adviser" and members of Putin's office and Russia's foreign ministry. "It has been approved by our side," Papadopoulos wrote. It's not clear if the meeting ever occurred, but Paul Manafort was the campaign chairman at the time. (CNN / Bloomberg)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/11/01/day-286/

I’m feeling that stress for sure. I exercise, volunteer and rage clean my house, but how do you guys deal with the concerned citizen stress of this political climate?

Coloring! That’s a good one!

The reason I believe this feels so stressful is that a good portion of the American people constented to this shoddy administration enthusiastically. How much of that consent was manufactured by foreign powers or earned is something I don’t think anyone can really decipher even in a special investigation. I think that’s something that’s unknowable and scary. That’s my take, what makes this so stressful for you?

1 Like

I typically don’t read ShareBlue - but caught this day when ACLU posted on Twitter.

Fuckin…what the fuck even is today.

1 Like

Was mentally chewing on the Big Three testimonies and came across this short rant from Kumail Nanjiani - again with this fuckin bittersweet validation of my impression that these tech companies don’t question much around the ethics of what they’re doing.

I love to Star Trek-up the joint as much as the next tech fan, but also I feel like I’m constantly Goldbluming at the same time.
you-were-so-busy-wondering-if-you-could-do-it-you-never-stopped-to-ask-if-you-should

:joy_cat::raised_hands:
I do the exercise thing too, try to wear myself out a few times a week enough to not have the energy for a few hours to feel the rage constantly flowing thru me. I also just got Jenny Lawson’s coloring book and I’m fucking coloring away like it’ll keep me out of the asylum. Getting out of my own head is tough ffs. I’m trying to write more to stir up the creative juices too.

I was super curious about the ages polled for that survey, wanted to know what other crises these people had lived thru, and now I feel a bittersweet validation:

More than half of Americans (59 percent) said they consider this the lowest point in U.S. history that they can remember — a figure spanning every generation, including those who lived through World War II and Vietnam, the Cuban Missile Crisis and the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

I know there’s been plenty of times when ppl thought the world was actually ending, but man this round feels pretty fucking special if you ask me.

3 Likes

Indivisible is my primary source of sanity.

1 Like