WTF Community

Day 291

Updated 11/6/2017 9:09 AM PST

1/ Trump: The Texas church shooting isn't a guns issue, it's a mental health issue. "Mental health is your problem here," Trump said. "This isn't a guns situation. This is a mental health problem at the highest level." Devin Patrick Kelley, a young white male, was dressed in all-black "tactical-type gear" and wearing a ballistic vest when he opened fire on the church using a Ruger AR-556 semiautomatic rifle. He killed at least 26 people. Kelley passed a background check despite being discharged from the Air Force for "bad conduct" – assaulting his wife and their child. The discharge did not show up as a prohibited offense on his background check. (CNN / New York Times)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/11/06/day-291/
1 Like

Hi:
This is my first post. I am a Canadian. . I have been reading WTF for almost a year. I look in disgust at what Trump is doing to your country.
Many may say it is ‘none of your business’ -but it affects us too.
People in our country cannot understand U.S. Citizens ‘praying and sending condolences’ to all of the people being killed in mass shootings.
DO SOMETHING!!!
The idea that ‘guns don’t kill people-people kill people’ is ridiculous. The guy who just stepped up to the church and emptied 450 bullets into 50 people would not have happened without an assault rifle!!!
How does that affect Canada?
Well-all of a sudden, violent acts are up in the town I live in. Especially violent crime. The whole world has drug problems and that causes much of the armed robberies etc. But violent crime is much more prevalent now. I believe that the mass murders in the USA reflect on someone’s mental state to take their chance to do the same.
If we had 26 people die in a year in our entire Province - that would be intolerable-it should in the U S also.
Your second amendment was not made to allow automatic weapons because some people want them. The second amendment was not established to make guns to be in the hands of everyone. It was established to protect citizens from the possibility of outside attack on your country.
The need to have several dozen guns-is ridiculous.
A gun in your closet or a rifle for hunting is probably too much-because they become part of the ‘mainstream’ of guns in society. Bad people sell guns to other bad people.
Not be holier than you - Canada does not allow handguns - and rifles are severly

2 Likes

Amen brother!

I think you’re preaching to the choir here. :+1:

1 Like