WTF Community

Day 298

Updated 11/13/2017 11:03 AM PST

1/ Trump asked Putin if Russia meddled in the election. Putin said they didn't. Trump believed him. After meeting on the sideline of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation summit meeting in Vietnam, Trump said he was done asking Putin about election meddling. "He said he didn’t meddle — I asked him again. You can only ask so many times… Every time he sees me he says, 'I didn’t do that,' and I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it." Trump added: "I think he is very insulted by it, which is not a good thing for our country." The comments came during a question-and-answer session with reporters aboard Air Force One on Saturday. (New York Times / CNN)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/11/13/day-298/

Roy Moore’s response to this is just…I can’t. :unamused:

2 Likes

loki headdesk

3 Likes

Tomorrow’s news today:

and…

Also of note:

Uhhh…somehow I missed this today, just heard about it on Maddow. Don Jr tweeted his Wikileaks DMs…

Decency trumps partisan politics (sometimes).

Jeff Flake tweeted the below article saying:

“Just to be clear. If the choice is between Roy Moore and a Democrat, I would run to the polling place to vote for the Democrat”

As a Kentuckian, please.
If there is a God he would help us.

2 Likes

Choosing between an awful person who’s been repeatedly accused of sexual assault against minors, and someone that’s ostensibly not that, who just happens to be a Dem?

Wow, what a principled hero. (/s)

Agreed – but in today’s political climate for a Republican Senator to say this…
Especially since it was a big deal just last week for Republicans saying Moore should step down without the qualifier of “if true” (John McCain, Mitt Romney, John Kasich).

Decency should always trump partisan politics. Unfortunately, in today’s political climate it doesn’t always. :cry:

1 Like

2 Likes