WTF Community

Day 306

Updated 11/21/2017 10:45 AM PST

1/ The FCC announced plans to roll back net neutrality regulations, clearing the way for companies to charge more and slow or block access to some websites. Net neutrality rules are aimed at giving consumers equal access to web content and prevent broadband providers from charging consumers more for certain content. The commission will vote December 14th on the new rules, which include a transparency provision requiring internet service providers to inform customers about their blocking and throttling practices. (New York Times / Reuters / Politico)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/11/21/day-306/
1 Like

He promised to do this in December. However, he couldn’t (and still can’t) legally do so as it’s still under investigation by the NY AG.

The attorney general’s press secretary, Amy Spitalnick, said: “As the foundation is still under investigation by this office, it cannot legally dissolve until that investigation is complete.”

2 Likes

Noticed the Rep. John Conyers storyline is missing…

Buzzfeed Original Report:

Buzzfeed’s Follow-up: Conyers’ denial

The Latest: Conyers confirms settlement, but denies wrongdoing & Pelosi calls for a ethics investigation

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/conyers-denies-reaching-harassment-settlement-after-buzzfeed-report/2017/11/21/cc514762-ced5-11e7-9d3a-bcbe2af58c3a_story.html?utm_term=.d2c06fddfc07&wpisrc=al_news__alert-politics--alert-national&wpmk=1

As a supplement, a good explainer from ThinkProgress on how sexual harassment claims are handled in Congress (sans media spotlight)

1 Like

Trump officially unofficially endorses Roy Moore for the Senate. Wow!

“He denies it,” Trump told reporters at the White House. “He says it didn’t happen and you have to listen to him, also.”
Trump criticized Moore’s opponent, Democrat Doug Jones, as being “terrible on crime, terrible on borders.”

Terrible on crime? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:t3: :woman_facepalming:t3: :woman_facepalming:t3: :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

@Seabass Hmm…maybe. I think like a appendix of sortas? Its relevant to the topic, but it’s also ‘little’ personnel moves like this that paint a much bigger picture (and are so to forget ab and miss the trend).

My office analyzed the public comments submitted to the @FCC about #netneutrality—and found that 100,000s of Americans were likely impersonated to drown out the views of real people and businesses. This was akin to identity theft on a massive scale.
-@AGSchneiderman

I’m so tired.

3 Likes

@mouseam Do you think this warrants an add to WTFHLTTA thread? Three mystery military personal reassigned from White House Communications Agency + the Panama story? I just don’t know, both stories are so vague and I’m not sure how often military personal changes in the White House.