WTF Community

Day 315

Updated 11/30/2017 10:06 AM PST

1/ The White House plans to force Secretary of State Rex Tillerson out and replace him with Mike Pompeo, the current CIA director, at the end of the year. Pompeo would be replaced by Senator Tom Cotton. It's unclear if Trump has signed off on the plan devised by John Kelly. (New York Times / Washington Post)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/11/30/day-315/
1 Like

The Queen of “whataboutism” is going to be in charge of dealing with the opioid crisis?! Really?:woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Something about this gave me chills when I read it - maybe because it’s coming from Joe Scarbough, I don’t know. But it’s just…so true and scary.

“We are facing a showdown with a nuclear power, and you have somebody inside the White House that the New York Daily News says is mentally unfit, that people close to him say is mentally unfit, that people close to him during the campaign told me had early stages of dementia” Scarborough said.
“When are we supposed to say this?” he continued. “After the first nuclear missile goes? Is that when it’s proper to bring this up in polite society?”

1 Like

12 million in grants to combat the “worst drug crisis in American history”? That’s supposed to cover treatment, relapse prevention, education, detox, maintenance, emergency interventions, Narcan, family support, drug testing, court programs, what have I forgotten? We’re gonna need a bigger bank account.

If I’m not mistaken, the Regime put someone who’d been a lawyer for Verizon in charge of the FCC; put someone who’d sued the EPA in charge of the EPA; and, put a champion of homeschooling (not that there’s anything wrong with homeschooling) in charge of (public) Education. If this appointment is true to that form, what does it tell us about Conway’s relationship with opioid narcotics? I truly shudder to think.

2 Likes