WTF Community

Day 321

Updated 12/6/2017 10:49 AM PST

1/ Michael Flynn promised that sanctions against Russia would be "ripped up" as one of the Trump administration's first acts, according to a whistleblower. Flynn worked with Russia on a business venture to build nuclear power plants in the Middle East until June 2016. Ending the sanctions would allow the project to move forward. During Trump's inaugural address, Flynn sent the whistleblower a text message directing him to tell those involved in the nuclear project to continue developing their plans and that the project was "good to go." (New York Times)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/12/06/day-321/
1 Like

Another notable story:
Today democratic women of the Senate have asked Senator Al Franken to resign over allegations of sexual misconduct. He stands accused by six different women of inappropriate touching and unwanted advances. His office has responded and he plans to make an announcement on Thursday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/senate-democratic-women-call-on-franken-to-resign-amid-further-allegations-of-sexual-harassment/2017/12/06/ddaf260e-daa2-11e7-a841-2066faf731ef_story.html?utm_term=.77b39ba3543d

3 Likes

While the motion fail, 58 Democrats voted in support of articles of impeachment today – which is a huge increase from past attempts.

2 Likes

@mouseam I wonder how many democrats are withholding their support until after the 2018 elections? Or Republicans? I don’t how we even get to a full impeachment even if we take back one of the chambers, the numbers simply aren’t there yet.

:face_with_monocle: F.Y.I. Impeachment begins in the House and just requires a simple majority but 60 vote majority in the Senate.

The Constitution of the United States, Article 1, Section 3. “Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.”

2 Likes

Well, if the Women’s March didn’t prompt it - idk what will! lol

2 Likes

Why its ther no mention of trump wanting to start his own spy net?

1 Like

That was included in Tuesday’s update. Day 320 | What The Fuck Just Happened Today?

3 Likes

The infamous Kim Davis twice denied David Ernold a marriage license based on his sexual orientation had to watch him sign up to run against her in the next election. :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

Apology. I must have been reading too fast.

Lol! We should march every year until he is gone!

3 Likes

@seabass – idk but any is too many to me. :woman_shrugging:

Also, I’m not sure how they put it to a vote on the floor without a House Judiciary committee vote?

On another note – every MoC that called for Conyers to resign or Al Franken should also be demanding Trump’s impeachment. If not, they just look like hypocrites IMO.

3 Likes

Right?! It’s kinda an odd story, clearly the Speaker of the House Paul Ryan allowed Rep. Green to bring this to the floor but for what reason? To watch it fail? It’s a strange move on the Speaker’s part. Dems should just keep trying, even if it’s to get House members on the record about the Trump Presidency. Citizens need to know!

Has anyone even asked the President to resign over sexual assault allegations yet? If not, the citizens should start.

2 Likes

“Has anyone even asked the President to resign over sexual assault allegations yet?”

I’m wondering why not as well. With all the focus on females being victimized by rich and/or powerful men some good things are happening. The women who came forward initially are now re-emerging. Yay! Summer Zervos, represented by Gloria Allred is filing a lawsuit against Trump for calling her a liar. . Ms. Zervos stated, Trump ‘gave me no choice, I have to clear my name’… Then tonight on Anderson Cooper, the woman Trump molested on an airplane was interviewed. When she first came forward Trump denied it and added “Please, she would not be my first choice”… The interview is worth watching…
Trump accuser speaks out after decades (full) - CNN Video - CNN.com
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/12/07/trump-accuser-jessica-leeds-cooper-intv-full-ac.cnn
5 hours ago … Jessica Leeds, a woman who accused Donald Trump of groping her on an airplane decades ago, speaks to CNN’s Anderson Cooper about her experiences .

2 Likes