WTF Community

Day 327

Updated 12/12/2017 11:19 AM PST

1/ Alabama voters head to the polls today. Republican candidate Roy Moore, supported by Trump, has been accused of pursuing romantic relationships with teenage girls while in his mid-30s, with one woman accusing him of sexual assault when she was 14. If Democrat Doug Jones wins, Republicans would have their majority trimmed to 51-49 in the Senate. Polls close today at 5pm ET. (NBC News)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2017/12/12/day-327/

The WashPo article with the list of women accusing Trump is pre-election. While I don’t think it’s irrelevant, citing it with the current allegations is a little misleading.

As someone who isn’t super-informed on the subject it just seems misleading because there’s no mention anywhere that it is the same people accusing him. I’m not saying you’re wrong to include it, it is informative. I just read what you posted, then clicked through the article and read it, then realized it was pre-election and wondered if it was even the same people. I was just expecting a more recent article on the topic based on the way it was mentioned, i guess. Just a misunderstanding of presentation.

Edit: I think it’s because it’s in the same div as Sotomayor’s tweet, honestly.

Trump’s sexist tweet about Gillibrand is what we’ve come to expect. Who else noticed he didn’t bother to mention that she sought contributions from him when he was a Democrat? And who else thinks his base won’t remember that when they read the offensive tweet?

Boom.

1 Like

I’m grateful for a win.

This is amusing in light of today’s third story.

“Alabama goes Jones after AL Supreme Court decides to destroy all electronic votes”

Also, this is amazing…
Millennials = ~24%
Millennials + Gen X = 44%

But millennials dont vote, right? :roll_eyes::joy:

3 Likes

Wow! These are like Obama numbers!

1 Like

CNN explains how this election affects the votes in the Senate. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’m so fucking stoked they were able to pull off this win with gerrymandering and other voter restrictions hobbling the process. At the beginning of the night I was despondently 100% convinced Moore would take it, but after Talladega county reported in for Jones I was fuckin’ :eyes: :popcorn:

3 Likes

How is it misleading? The current allegations by Jessica Leeds and Rachel Crooks are in the same allegations they made a year ago. There is nothing new here other than an effort by lawmakers to investigate the allegations. What am I missing?

Who else noticed he didn’t bother to mention that she sought contributions from him when he was a Democrat? And who else thinks his base won’t remember that when they read the offensive tweet?

and I read he donated to both Schumer and Gillibrand…