WTF Community

Day 349

Updated 1/3/2018 9:57 AM PST

1/ Steve Bannon called the Trump Tower meeting with Russians "treasonous," "unpatriotic," and "bad shit." He added: "The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower … with no lawyers… You should have called the FBI immediately." Bannon's comments come from forthcoming book the Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, by Michael Wolff. (The Guardian)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2018/01/03/day-349/
2 Likes

:thinking: Hmm… but Steve Bannon wasn’t part of the campaign until August 2016 and the meeting in question happened in June of that year.

Sounds like maybe, this is Steve Bannon breaking off his bromance with Trump? Who knows what that self promoting motivation is behind this move, only time will tell. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Trump just threw Bannon under the bus…:joy:

From Jim Acosta of The NY Times

3 Likes

Paul Manafort is now suing the Justice Department and the FBI

Weird day :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Uhhh :face_with_monocle::thinking:

Rod Rosenstein is meeting with Paul Ryan about the House Russia investigation. The meeting came at the request of Rosenstein.
Edit: Rosenstein and FBI Director Wray, per Politico.

1 Like
3 Likes

Today just needs to end. Seriously. :woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

@mouseam

Scavino, a former golf caddie of Trump’s who acts as a vociferous and aggressive alter ego for the president on Twitter, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Nice dig at Scavino. We should keep reminding people that not all Trump tweets are actual written by Trump but by his former caddie. “I get the best people” :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Late breaking: Trump Disbands his Voter Fraud Commission asks Homeland Security to Look into it instead.

1 Like

Whoa. I have the 11th Hour on in the background right and heard this and my ears immediately perked up. This is going to put a big ding in Bannon’s political realm. The Mercers have been a major player for Bannon for a long time.

”Bannon has in recent weeks also alienated his main financial backer, Rebekah Mercer, after he told several other major conservative donors that he would be able to count on the Mercers’ financial support should he run for president…Mercer now does not plan to financially support Bannon’s future projects”

2 Likes

@mouseam Whoa good catch! Big day for Bannon.

I am so loving that article! Was about to post it and saw you already did. So much fun I sorta framed it.

Tantric schadenfreude at its finest!

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/367335-the-memo-bannon-firestorm-consumes-washington Many bunched panties in the GOP this morning.

Super weird day. One of the more bombastic ones, too.

3 Likes

It ain’t over yet. Trump sent Bannon a cease and desist. Also, there’s this: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/367363-intel-dem-ive-heard-evidence-of-crimes-by-trump-administration

1 Like